Which Zigbee Dongle to use?

That’s the one in particular i was wondering if you could run both zigbee/zwave2mqtt with 1 dongle

FWIW, I use the Elelabs Zigbee shield. It has an Ember chip and plugs right onto the IO pins of the Raspi and fits inside the standard enclosure. For the Raspi 4 I did have to google a bit to find out the right port settings, as that has changed.

Continuing the discussion from Which Zigbee Dongle to use?:

Hi 5iver, is there a dongle wich contains Zigbee and Zwave for EU.

soory i did not go over all the posts here maybe i am double posting but do watch this
this is the chepest way to get zigbee working if you have a PI

i can say its working great and it can be scaled by only adding another CC2531 dongle

2 Likes

No - there is nothing available.

Just to note that this device is no longer supported by TI and there will not be any firmware updates which may reduce support for some devices that require more modern key exchange mechanisms required by ZigBee R21 and newer. I found a number of bugs in the firmware and TI have stated they will not be fixed.

I know a lot of people use this as it is quite cheap, and it generally works fine, but just keep this in mind…

mm i did not get to the point that something is not working… but all my zigbee`s are xiaomi
so maybe thay work really good but other vaderos not… i will keep that in mind

but if you go by the approch of using only the ones that are covered by the Z2M team i think you are fine
but only time will tell :slight_smile:

The device works fine .- my point was just that the firmware is now old and it may not work for some newer devices.

Again, the firmware is no longer supported by the manufacturer - Z2M is not the manufacturer and they will not be fixing bugs in the TI firmware I’m sure. This means that they are not fixing bugs in the dongle firmware.