Why is openhab server calling openhab.jfrog.io?

No.

This is the right one.

Humph.

1 Like

Maybe you could open an issue for this?

You know better where to post this and which information can be useful to solve this problem.

It wont do much good until we have a solution. It’s a pretty low level problem. It really isn’t a problem as much as it is an annoyance.

Sorry I did not have time to try out stuff, kids and exams are a higher priority.

It really isn’t a problem as much as it is an annoyance.
Well one connection every minute is still +10.000 unneeded connections every week for every installation.

That is not good for my network
yet that is terrible for jfrog.io
520.000 unneeded connection per openhab install, per year. is a pretty high number if you ask me.

I do agree. It should be fixed to be a good citizen for jfrog, though they haven’t complained so it apparently isn’t a problem for them. It really should be fixed. But if you compared to pretty much everything here listed as a bug is probably going to be a higher priority.

So far, you and Halloween are the only two to notice and complain about this problem. I’d like to look into it myself but like you have lots of other priorities taking away my time, and I don’t have the network set up to monitor the outgoing requests right now and doing so would take some time.

1 Like

I see this also. For the last month my pihole lists 26456 requests to openhab.jfrog.io.

I found org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg
under /var/lib/openhab2/etc

when I change it

The line is replaced by org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.repositories = https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/online-repo-snapshot/2.3@id=openhab@snapshots@update=never,https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/online-repo-snapshot/2.3@id=openhab@snapshots

so I guess something else has to be done. (or this is set hardcoded in openhab code…)

1 Like

more: after I added that, my trick with remove = false no longer worked.

The line I added in the config stayed with remote false

when I remove the extra words, and then put remote false, then this line changes to

org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.repositories =

So…I’m not alone :slight_smile: after installing PiHole I also see this connections. Did you already find a solution for it?

Could the request that’s made every minute be caused by the job that checks the installed features every minute @Kai?

It was introduced in 2.2.0:

Sounds likely.

can this be turned of in any way?

Is there any progress? The problem still exists.

1 Like