WiFI LED Binding error won't let OpenHAB UI start

Okay, so everything was fine on my OpenHAB installation. I recently tried to install WiFi LED Binding and i got an error that some people found too:

2018-11-09 12:29:19.115 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed                                                                                    installing 'openhab-binding-mihome, openhab-binding-wifiled, openhab-ui-homebuil                                                                                   der, openhab-ui-basic, openhab-misc-market, openhab-ui-habpanel, openhab-misc-ru                                                                                   leengine, openhab-ui-paper, openhab-binding-wol1': Error:
    Resource mvn:org.openhab.binding/org.openhab.binding.wifiled/2.3.0 does                                                                                    not contain a manifest

The screen keeps saying: " Please stand by while UIs are being installed. This can take several minutes." but it never ends. The error shown in the console must be the reason.

I searched the web and I tried to remove the bundle from OpenHAB’s console, but it says “bundle not found”.
I also tried to remove the cache, but it did not work. I don’t know what to do. If the problem is solved, how can I install WiFi Led binding without having this issue?

Thank you

How did you try to do this?
Did you follow the instructions here: Clear the Cache ?

How did you try to install the WiFi LED Binding? (PaperUI, addons.cfg, manually?)

I literally used the commands given in that post, but they won’t work :frowning:
I installed the binding from PaperUI. At the beginning I was not able to install other bindings because of that error, but now I just can’t go inside the UI.

Follow this:

2.3.0 - wifiled/2.3.0 does not contain a manifest and tell me where is fails (with some logs if possible)

It still appears the Wifi led error!! It shoud have been removed with the cache deletion??

2018-11-09 12:44:23.790 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed                                    installing 'openhab-binding-mihome, openhab-binding-wifiled, openhab-ui-homebuil                                   der, openhab-ui-basic, openhab-misc-market, openhab-ui-habpanel, openhab-misc-ru                                   leengine, openhab-ui-paper, openhab-binding-wol1': Error:
        Resource mvn:org.openhab.binding/org.openhab.binding.wifiled/2.3.0 does                                    not contain a manifest
2018-11-09 12:44:50.713 [INFO ] [.dashboard.internal.DashboardService] - Stopped                                    Dashboard

Windows or Linux ?
OH 2.3.0 Stable?

I will give you a new addons.cfg to try soon

Linux (raspbian). I just installed OpenHAB in a Raspberry, but previously I had everything installed on windows and it worked. I never had problems with that binding :s.

Yes, OH 2.3.0 Stable version (I suppose that 2.3.0 is the latest one in the documentation’s installation page).

Try this (for /etc/openhab2/services/addons.cfg)

pid:org.openhab.addons
package = expert
remote = true
legacy = true
binding = mihome, wol1
ui = basic, paper, habpanel, habmin, homebuilder
misc = market, ruleengine, restdocs

Still with errors :confused:

2018-11-09 12:52:59.986 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-binding-mihome, openhab-binding-wifiled, openhab-ui-homebuilder, openhab-ui-basic, openhab-misc-market, openhab-ui-habpanel, openhab-misc-ruleengine, openhab-ui-paper, openhab-binding-wol1': Error:
        Resource mvn:org.openhab.binding/org.openhab.binding.wifiled/2.3.0 does not contain a manifest
2018-11-09 12:53:59.852 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-binding-mihome, openhab-binding-wifiled, openhab-ui-homebuilder, openhab-ui-basic, openhab-misc-market, openhab-ui-habpanel, openhab-misc-ruleengine, openhab-ui-paper, openhab-binding-wol1': Error:
        Resource mvn:org.openhab.binding/org.openhab.binding.wifiled/2.3.0 does not contain a manifest
2018-11-09 12:54:59.847 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-binding-mihome, openhab-binding-wifiled, openhab-ui-homebuilder, openhab-ui-basic, openhab-misc-market, openhab-ui-habpanel, openhab-misc-ruleengine, openhab-ui-paper, openhab-binding-wol1': Error:
2018-11-09 12:55:16.404 [INFO ] [.dashboard.internal.DashboardService] - Stopped Dashboard

The dashboard is stopped according to the console, so I also can’t see the loading screen now

But the logs look outdated, wait a minute.

did you add the first line in the addons.cfg pid:org.openhab.addons ?

Are you sure that you cleaned the cache & tmp ???

Yeah, and now there’s a new error in OpenHAB’s console:

Error in initialization script: /var/lib/openhab2/etc/shell.init.script: session is closed
Error in initialization script: /var/lib/openhab2/etc/scripts/shell.completion.script: session is closed

I’m about to reinstall OpenHAB…

:slight_smile:

The nuclear option…

what does openhab.log say?

aha!

You copied the Windows version of OPENHAB_USERDATA into your linux machine???

The error log is not working anymore lmfao, they’re not new lines to see… Just the previous logs :skull_and_crossbones: :skull: openhab broke

Nope, I did a fresh install, everything downloaded from linux!

Did you use the openhabian install method? Or manual?

I use raspbian, so I followed the documentation using sudo apt-get install openhab2 etc.

It would be in your best interest to use openhabian. Flash it just like noobs, and you will be good to go.

If it’s not too much trouble, try to start clean (backup config files from /etc/openhab2/ if needed, purge oh2, re-install it)

If this story with the WiFi LED Binding happens again, we need to check deeper. The jar is ok on the online repos.

The problem is that I have other services running and It would be a mess to reconfigure everything again :frowning: