WiFI LED Binding error won't let OpenHAB UI start

no need to clean the entire system. just OH2

we can also continue the effort to troubleshoot the existing installation if you want but it would be easier to re-install it

You can do a backup of the user data files, reinstall via openhabian, then restore the userdata

@Dim @Branden_Smale Hi again! Itā€™s me from another account as Iā€™m limited for being new! I did a fresh installation. I reinstalled openhab, everything is fine BUT the WiFi Led binding. It just turns OpenHAB crazy and throws this error:

2018-11-09 13:26:27.405 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-binding-wifiled': Error:
        Resource mvn:org.openhab.binding/org.openhab.binding.wifiled/2.3.0 does not contain a manifest

Keep in mind that I did a fresh install. Everything works BUT WiFi Led Binding. Installed from Paper UI. This is a mistery. Maybe thereā€™s something wrong with the binding jar?

I finally solved the problem. It looks like OpenHABā€™s documentationā€™s installation guideā€™s build comes with a broken WiFi LED Binding. ĀæHow did I solved it? I took the .jar and the .jar.sha1 from the OpenHAB installation that I had previously on my Windows PC and I moved it to linux. Then I installed the binding from Paper UI. This solved the problem and I donā€™t have any errors anymore. Everything working fine. The linux OpenHAB didnā€™t had the sha1 file.

The problem: It looks like the .jar is outdated (there was a bug with this binding some months ago) and someway the bug appeared again even if I did a clean installation.

The solution: Download the fixed files from here. Extrac the .zip file and replace the whole folder in /var/lib/openhab2/tmp/kar/openhab-addons-2.3.0/org/openhab/binding/org.openhab.binding.wifiled

The folder to replace is 2.3.0.

No, it doesnā€™t :slight_smile:

where did you place it?

?

after installation of the binding, you had the jar but not the jar.sha1?

I did a fresh install and it didnā€™t workā€¦ So I donā€™t know why the problem was solved with my solution.

I moved the files to /var/lib/openhab2/tmp/kar/openhab-addons-2.3.0/org/openhab/binding/org.openhab.binding.wifiled

After moving the 2 files, I installed the WiFi LED Binding from Paper UI and it started working as good as in Windows.

:man_shrugging: Need or not, itā€™s working now. I compared the .jar I had in windows and the .jar I had in linux and they had a different file size.

Exactly.

this is the problem. somehow you had the older broken jar (or you never cleaned up tmp and cache properlyā€¦?)

But I can not understand how I had the old .jar if the raspberry has 2 days and I did a fresh install using the documentationā€™s guide

thatā€™s strangeā€¦

i will try to replicate this on a test machine

when the issue was resolved, I tested the corrected binding and it was working fineā€¦

At least in my Windows machine was working well. Thanks for your help!

1 Like

I cannot replicate this

tested OH 2.3.0 on linux and the WiFi LED binding gets installed without any problems (using online repo)

with the binding installed, nothing exists in /var/lib/openhab2/tmp/kar/openhab-addons-2.3.0/org/openhab/binding/org.openhab.binding.wifiled

this is related to the openhab-addons-2.3.0.kar file (which has another major issue, not related to the WiFiLED binding)

the binding is stored in /var/lib/openhab2/tmp/mvn/org/openhab/binding/org.openhab.binding.wifiled (jar and sha1)

so you used somehow the openhab-addons-2.3.0.kar file ā€¦ (and you forgot to mention this until now :))

I even removed manually the .jar.sha1 file and the system works as expected
binding remains installed, no errors being logged