Wifiled (Wifilight) Binding

Love this binding… quick question though…

I’m trying to control a mixed white led string. The warm leds are on the white channel and the cool leds are on the white2 channel.

The way to control the temperature of the lights is by a combination of the two channels (e.g. 10% white, 25% white2).

I’m trying to set the channels in series. It would look something like this:

if (KitchenCabinets_power.state == OFF) { KitchenCabinets_power.sendCommand(ON); Thread::sleep(50) }
KitchenCabinets_white.sendCommand(new PercentType(10))
KitchenCabinets_white2.sendCommand(new PercentType(25))

My thing is configured as:

Thing wifiled:wifiled:F0FE6B2319F0 [ ip=“192.168.0.123”, port=5577, pollingPeriod=3000, protocol=“LD686”, driver=“CLASSIC”, fadeDurationInMs=1500, fadeSteps=100 ]

My items are configured as:

Switch KitchenCabinets_power “Power” {channel=“wifiled:wifiled:F0FE6B2319F0:power”}
Dimmer KitchenCabinets_white “Warm White” {channel=“wifiled:wifiled:F0FE6B2319F0:white”}
Dimmer KitchenCabinets_white2 “Cool White” {channel=“wifiled:wifiled:F0FE6B2319F0:white2”}

Everything works ok individually, but when I try to execute as above, the warm lights come on first, then shut off as the cool lights come on. (white comes on, then shuts off when white2 comes on)

Anyone have any ideas?

I have seen the something similar when making my own ‘sunset’ fader (30 minute fader from orange to power off). When I fade white and RGB at the same time the white starts to flash going off and on.

I might have a fix for that. If you are interested I can send you a compile jar you need to put in your addons directory.

Ries

Heck yea I’m interested

Do I need to compile your github fork or can you send the compiled jar? (I’d have to figure out a way to get you my email address privately.

I have uploaded it to my server.

http://vantwisk.nl/~rvt/org.openhab.binding.wifiled-2.2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

This version also has an updated fading driver that should lower CPU usage and play a bit more nice during updates while fading is still in progress.

You need to dump it in your addons directory… Not sure if you need to do something on the openhab terminal anymore but ping me if you have issues.

So far, it seems to work great! Not fully implemented yet, but early tests work perfectly.

Man I owe you one! Thanks

Not fully implemented yet, but early tests work perfectly.

Honestly I am only using the fading driver and classic driver to set my colors…

What is not fully implemented yet?

Not fully implemented meaning I haven’t updated all of my rules yet to work with the new capabilities. But I’m working on that now.

I’m interested in the fading driver also. I use mine to control kitchen cabinet lighting. At dusk, the lighting turns on at 50% brightness. As the night rolls on, the brightness decreases, until midnight when the brightness settles on 2% for the overnight hours.

But, I have a motion sensor in the kitchen as well. So if the wife gets up in the middle of the night for water or something, the cabinet lights increase to 35% so she can see. But without the fading driver working right before, the transition from 2% to 35% is quick. I’d like to slow that down a bit for more of a natural fade transition.

Do you have an example of how you’re using the fading driver that you can share?

Again, thanks for your work on this. It has been on my back burner until I could get time to dust off my JAVA skills and get around to work on it myself.

I’d like to slow that down a bit for more of a natural fade transition.

You can tell the fading driver to setup a fading duration with a fading steps.

I have these LED’s behind my bed and setup to fade from 10% to 0% over a period of 30 minutes. Obviously the fading driver won’t work with such a long fading periods. So make this work I created a rule for this and setup a scheduler to do the actual fading. The reason I had to modify the driver because of the flashing when setting color + white’s at the same time.

I can share my rule for that, but allow me some time to create this as a script and add some documentation to it…

That’s what I’m doing now. My fade is from 9pm to 12am, by simply setting a different brightness as the hour increases.

pollingPeriod=3000, protocol=“LD686”, driver=“FADING”, fadeDurationInMs=1500, fadeSteps=100

So, I should just adjust my fade duration and fade steps? I just want the lights to fade from 2% to 35% within a second or two rather than instant.

That config looks good.

The maximum fade time is 10 seconds. I would try to keep the number of steps such that the maximum steps/second is about 25-30. So for 1500ms the number of steps would be around 40 as a good starting point.

Thanks for all your help man…

I’m giving this a try

Thing wifiled:wifiled:F0FE6B2319F0 “Cabinet Lights” @ “Kitchen” [ ip=“192.168.0.123”, port=5577, pollingPeriod=3000, protocol=“LD686”, driver=“FADING”, fadeDurationInMs=2000, fadeSteps=40 ]

Just wondering. Is there a reason the fader driver was specifically implemented in this addon? Shouldn’t it be just something that should be done with rules? It doesn’t seems logical to have every light addon implement it’s own fading algorithm.

Hey guys sounds like a few of you have really figured out these LED drivers.

I have the following and it doesn’t seem to work well with OH.

The switch command doesn’t actually turn the lights off just dim them.

Can I see the Actual (Text Based files) I’d like to get better control of this writing a Things and Items Files.

I have the binding implemented. But I am not able to examine the code because I can’t see to find it in the File Share.

I have OpenHab on a Raspberry Pi. Could someone give me a hand to get a little more detailed info on the Network Traffic and Commands to send to this device.

Thanks

Same issue here with this controller. Did you fix it?

Sorry no scaped that unit and in the process of building a Arduino powered one. having issues sourcing the correct code. I’m trying to hardwire to MQTT and Cable network for RGB POE controller.

So does anyone have a clue how to get the WifiLED binding triggered by music/microphone?
I have the feeling that they just reversed engineered the magic home app.
So where did the music control functionality go?
Does anyone know?

you can take a look at the wifiled driver within the openhab add-ons to see if it can be controller.
A other option might be using using mqtt but you would need to check what latency is going to me or have some way to sync music with light correctly, eg, account for delays in the system. Advantage is that you can control many devices in some uniform way.
Obviously, you would need to re-flash your esp8266 to make this happen.