- Platform information: Windows 10 Home
- Hardware: CPUArchitecture/RAM/storage
- OS: _what OS is used and which version_Windows 10 V 1903
- Java Runtime Environment: which java platform is used and what version
- openHAB version: 2.4.0 (stable)
- Issue of the topic: please be detailed explaining your issue Newbie to this, not overly literate with code etc, but want to learn. I have installed this software on two windows 10 machines, and when I call “startup” I am asked if I want to allow changes to my computer (yes) and then change of registry (yes) then a dos dindow opens, and flashes up a list of comments and commands, that I think includes words like “unable to edit registry” before closing after a very short period of time. No further response.
- Please post configurations (if applicable):
- Items configuration related to the issue
- Sitemap configuration related to the issue
- Rules code related to the issue
- Services configuration related to the issue
- If logs where generated please post these here using code fences:
What Java runtime are you using? Only Java 8 is supported not the newer Java 11.
How are you attempting to install OpenHAB? The normal official install on Windows is done manually.
I do not know of any official automated installer for Windows.