Windows OH 3.1.0 Failing

Hi All

The windows update scripts failing since 3.1.0

Windows 2000
Java 11
3.1.0-SNAPSHOT - Build #2101 (New install)

Error

##########################################################################################################################################

Unzipping of C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Temp\openhab\openhab-3.1.0.zip to C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\openhab\update failed.

##########################################################################################################################################
PrintAndReturn : Exception calling “.ctor” with “3” argument(s): “End of Central Directory record could not be found.”
At C:\openhab\runtime\bin\update.ps1:550 char:18

• … exit PrintAndReturn "Unzipping of $TempDistributionZip to $Tem …
  •             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:slight_smile: [Write-Error], WriteErrorException
    • FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException,PrintAndReturn

Any advice please.

You are running an early snapshot. Snapshots are expected to fail and people using them are expected to open issues on GitHub for any issues. Users here on the forum cannot help.

Thank you very much Bruce. Always found help with this great forum! I’ll also check GitHub for help.

Regards

I recommend using the 3.0.0 stable release for your production use.

Could it be that the downloaded zip file is corrupted ?

3.0 stable doesn’t work for Windows once you install the service.

Did you file a GitHub issue about that? If they do not know it will not get fixed.

Many OH developers do not use this user forum.

I did. I’m assuming they’re taking a much needed break.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.