[SOLVED] Windows ping does not work correct

I gladly do. But it has to wait until to morrow.

Looks good (on first sight).

Thanks for the effort.

@ namraccr
I have tested the binding on a Windows 10 PC.
Ping now works correctly.
Thanks.

Can you give me some hints about the network.cfg file (name and folder) and the arping.exe file?

OK, I found (a part of) the solution for the config file myself.

For a normal installation: The parameters file for the network binding can be set with the PaperUI. The parameters are then written in a ‘network.config’ file. On Windows this file is in the folder “.\userdata\config\binding”. This file can be edited with an editor like Notepad++.

(During testing with Eclipse I did not see a network.config (or any *.config file). With the PaperUI you can set the parameters, but perhaps they are not saved in a file.
Somehow a network.cfg file inside .\conf\services get processed (logfile: “Processing config file ‘network.cfg’”) but I did not find out what is done with its content.)

PaperUI saves the binding configs down in userdata/config/org/openhab. You should not edit these files directly, but that is where they get saved.

Great. Would you like to open a defect in the OH2 issues list so we can get this added?

@rlkoshak: you are right of course. (But for now it is the only way I can solve it).

I have done so. See https://github.com/openhab/openhab2-addons/issues/3502.