Wiring Shelly 1 upstream from deck light

Hello - I am trying to wire a shelly 1 to a new BBQ spot light that I am installing upstream of another (deck) light. (I am in the US with 110v)

Switch > Deck Light > BBQ light

I think I understand the wiring of the S1 at the BBQ light fixture (similar to wiring it as if the light was connected to a plug without a switch per my image below - where the Plug in the image is my Deck light). My question is, would there be an issue if the light switch is off and the Shelly 1 does not have power most of the time? Then it comes on at certain times?

Quick use case:

The switch controls the lights on my deck (used daily). The BBQ light would be wired from one of the lights on the deck (getting power and neutral from that). I ONLY want the BBQ light to be active (able to be controlled on / off) when the deck light is on (ie I dont grill on a dark deck). But I only want the BBQ light on when I activate the Shelly as the deck lights are on every night, but not the BBQ as that is only when I use the grill (on the lit deck). Hopefully that makes sense.

2c0ffde78d2858058997fda0f3bf8851cf80e2ee

Short version of question. - Can a shelly be without power most of the time and then come to life (and be ready for commands) after it gets power, without having to reprogram it (wifi, etc).

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.