Working HomeKit binding does not show new (KNX) items

Good evening everyone.

My openHAB 3.0.2 is running on a RPi4 and works great. I successively added most of my KNX stuff room by room and was able to connect openHAB to HomeKit. All items added so far are working with openHAB and showed up in HomeKit after tagging (switchable, lighting, windowcovering,…). Now I tried to add two more lighting items (working correctly with openHAB) to HomeKit but they do not show up. I tried different metadata tags, rebooting, cleaning cache, deleting thing (KNX actuator), items and channels multiple times but nothing worked.

I then added other items (linked to channels of the same thing (KNX switching actuator) of the two unwilling items) to HomeKit via metadata tags and they new ones showed up!
I double checked the KNX config ( GA, flags) but I cannot see a problem. The two lighting items work fine but just won’t pop up in HomeKit.

I did not try to unpair openHAB for I am not sure if this will fix it as my openHAB bridge is paired correctly and all other items work fine with HomeKit.

Is there someone with a hint or the same problem? :slight_smile:

Thanks
Markus

Hello Markus,

im continuously adding new items and tag them with homekit meta data and they appear almost immediately in home app. so, it should work without re-pairing. and the issue is not KNX related, items should appear in homekit even if the knx connection or configuration is wrong.

can you share the configuration of non-working item? e.g. screenshot from main ui

Eugen

Hi Eugen,

for “bad item1” I tested multiple tags but it still does not appear in HomeKit.
The “good item” works perfectly.

Regards,
Markus

on the first one you need to remove “Lghting.Name”. just use either “Lightning” like on 2 and 3 or Lighting.onState

2 and 3 look correct and should actually work

Yes, you are right.
I just tried the multi tag variant because “lighting” did not work as expected.
What I do not get is that the IMO correct tagging does not work on those two items but on all other items (which appear within a few seconds).

Greetings
Markus

Use API Explorer to examine the JSON version of the Items, to make sure there isn’t something going on (duplicate tags, etc.) hidden by the UI.

Hi rossko57,

I used the API explorer to get a list of all items. I couldn’t see an obvious mistake but I couldn’t see a lighting tag for any of the known HomeKit items either.

here is the response for a working item:

{
    "link": "http://192.168.178.96:8080/rest/items/1135Schaltaktor10fach_ArbeitszimmerDeckenlicht",
    "state": "OFF",
    "editable": true,
    "type": "Switch",
    "name": "1135Schaltaktor10fach_ArbeitszimmerDeckenlicht",
    "label": "Arbeitszimmer Deckenlicht",
    "category": "lightbulb",
    "tags": [
      "Switch",
      "Light"
    ],
    "groupNames": [
      "Arbeitszimmer"
    ]
  }

…and those are the “bad” ones:

{
    "link": "http://192.168.178.96:8080/rest/items/1135Schaltaktor10fach_KinderbadSpiegel",
    "name": "1135Schaltaktor10fach_KinderbadSpiegel",
    "label": "Kinderbad Spiegel",
      "Switch",
      "Light"
    ],
      "BadezimmerOG"
    ]
  }
{
    "link": "http://192.168.178.96:8080/rest/items/1135Schaltaktor10fach_KinderbadDeckenlicht",
    "name": "1135Schaltaktor10fach_KinderbadDeckenlicht",
    "label": "Kinderbad Deckenlicht",
      "Switch",
      "Light"
    ],
      "BadezimmerOG"
    ]
  }

Can someone give please me a hint where to look up the HomeKit metadata in the API explorer?

Regards,
Markus

I couldn’t find a solution yet. The metadata code of the items looks good but I don’t know where to check all metadata via API explorer.

value: Lighting
config: {}

Newly added items appear in HomeKit after tagging and rebooting but the bad ones still do not show up. :unamused:

Any more ideas?

Regards,
Markus

can you try to rename existing items? or remove them and add again?

I tried several times to rename the bad ones, delete them, delete channels, delete its thing…
I always rebooted the RPi but nothing solved the problem so far.