Wrong ID in Openhab with Alexa

I get this Warnign:
16:43:44.180 [WARN ] [ome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager] - Cannot delegate update ‘24.00’ for item ‘alexa_temp_set’ to handler for channel ‘homematic:HM-TC-IT-WM-W-EU:AAAAAA:MEQ0742406:2#SET_TEMPERATURE’, because no thing with the UID ‘homemati4c:HM-TC-IT-WM-W-EU:AAAAAA:MEQ0742406’ could be found.

the AAAAAA was an old ID, how can i remove it? the .items file is updated with the new ID…

Check /var/lib/openhab2/jsondb/ dir for config info within the files that were left over from the previous installation.
From openHAB console, use:

smarthome:things list
smarthome:things remove <thingUID>
smarthome:links list
smarthome:links removeChannelLink <itemName> <thingUID>
smarthome:items list
smarthome:items remove <itemName>

It’s not necessary to open up a new thread :slight_smile:

this folder doesn’t exist :smiley:

openhab> smarthome:links

alexa_temp_set -> homematic:HM-TC-IT-WM-W-EU:d28cb354:MEQ0743206:2#SET_TEMPERATURE

openhab> smarthome:links removeChannelLink alexa_temp_set homematic:HM-TC-IT-WM-W-EU:d28cb354:MEQ0743206:2#SET_TEMPERATURE
Could not remove link alexa_temp_set -> homematic:HM-TC-IT-WM-W-EU:d28cb354:MEQ0743206:2#SET_TEMPERATURE.

with smarthome:links i can see the previous IDS but i can not remove them…

you could try the nuclear option:

smarthome:links clear

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

so i tried:

openhab> smarthome:links clear
27 links successfully removed.

but everything is still there when i enter smarthome:links again…

so… there is somewhere in your system stored a flat config file that brings back these links… (OH2 re-reads it and re-creates the links even after the nuke option)
that usually happens with an old *.items file that is forgotten somewhere…

try also (throw more nukes):

items clear

seems to be a smaller nuke with less victims :smiley:

openhab> items clear
18 item(s) removed successfully.

but my messed up items seem to be cockroaches and are only annoyed by nukes…
still there.,…

Try a restart of the OH2 service… sometimes cockroaches run away if you kick the box :slight_smile:

i will try :wink:
can i delete things on the control page? might this be my bugs?

no, you can’t delete stuff from the control page
only from the configuration menu of PaperUI (but I assume that the old things do not appear there anymore…)

try also to: stop OH2 service, remove /var/lib/openhab2/tmp and /var/lib/openhab2/cache and start it up again.
The actual dir paths may be different on Synology package… not sure
Also, check for the jsonDB folder and look for old configs in there.

i found this:

but it can not be deleted because i don’t have the permissions…

it took a while to google how i can delte things as root via command, but finally everthing in this folder is deleted and my bugs are gone :slight_smile: thank you very much!!

1 Like