Xiaomi Binding not recognising 2 button Aqara Wireless Switch

My Xiaomi Mihome binding does not seem to be discovering a new 2-button Aqara Wireless Switch (the square ones). The binding documentation lists the “Aqara Wireless Light Control (1 & 2 Button)” as supported, but when trying to manually add the switch through PaperUI’s Choose Thing page for the Xiaomi binding, I’m not seeing a 2 button wireless switch as an option.

Debug log seems to show an unknown model:

20:17:42.004 [DEBUG] [g.mihome.internal.socket.XiaomiSocket] - Received Datagram from 172.16.3.30:4321 on Port 9898
20:17:42.007 [DEBUG] [.internal.handler.XiaomiBridgeHandler] - Cancelled running timer
20:17:42.008 [DEBUG] [.discovery.XiaomiItemDiscoveryService] - Unknown discovered model: remote.b286acn01

Does anyone know if this switch is actually supported by the current binding?

Many thanks.

Although discovery is still not working, a work around for anyone else coming across this problem is to add the device manually through PaperUI. I selected the device type as Xiaomi Aqara 2 Channel Smart Light Control and provide the device Id (from the MiHome app).

you did the right thing so far. Strangely newer devices of this type report their model with a new label, which is not recognized by the binding. I have added the model now, so in the next stable version it should work. Thank you for your feedback!

1 Like

Thanks @dimalo!

On a somewhat unrelated matter, do you know if it is possible to control the internet radio on a Xiaomi hub via the binding? I have managed to get custom radio stations working on the device, but don’t see any openHAB channels for the “network radio”.

Thanks again.

So far there is only a very manual way, which does involve the Miio binding. You can issue a command with the Miio binding and give it the m3u URL.
See here as an example

There is unfortunately no comfortable way with the MiHome binding :frowning:

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll check out the miio binding.

dimalo,
Does the binding support long and double presses for the new Aqara 2 button switch? MiHome application shows 7 actions possible for the new model.
When adding this thing through paperui it shows the model as 86sw2 and not remote.b286acn01

Hi, can you tell me, how did you get the device id from MiHome app?
I can’t find it there.
Thanks!

I don’t seem to see it on my current version of the MiHome app either. It was definitely there before - I think under an “About” menu item. They may have removed it from the current version?