XIaomi Gateway (1/2) not working in 2.5.4 - Initializing and Bridge Offline

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: Raspberry Pi 3
    • OS: Raspbian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch), Linux 4.19.66-v7+ armv7l
    • Java Runtime Environment: openjdk version “1.8.0_152”
      OpenJDK Runtime Environment (Zulu Embedded 8.25.0.76-linux-aarch32hf) (build 1.8.0_152-b76)
      OpenJDK Client VM (Zulu Embedded 8.25.0.76-linux-aarch32hf) (build 25.152-b76, mixed mode, Evaluation)
    • openHAB version: 2.5.4 (update from XXX - will add it later; need to look it up)

Hey there,

I have the problem, after an update to 2.5.4, there is only one of my bridges working. The other one is initializing for some time and is then going to offline. I can see it in the network and ports are open and so on. It is an old V2, just like the other one. They were running for years now without any problems and they are configured the same. Always updated together and so on.

Is anybody experiencing the same problem? I just took a old backup (01’2020) and there it is working fine with both bridges.

[WARN ] [ommon.WrappedScheduledExecutorService] - Scheduled runnable ended with an exception:
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
        at org.openhab.binding.mihome.internal.socket.XiaomiSocket.sendMessage(XiaomiSocket.java:152) ~[?:?]
        at org.openhab.binding.mihome.internal.handler.XiaomiBridgeHandler.sendMessageToBridge(XiaomiBridgeHandler.java:272) ~[?:?]
        at org.openhab.binding.mihome.internal.handler.XiaomiBridgeHandler.sendCommandToBridge(XiaomiBridgeHandler.java:303) ~[?:?]
        at org.openhab.binding.mihome.internal.handler.XiaomiBridgeHandler.sendCommandToBridge(XiaomiBridgeHandler.java:276) ~[?:?]
        at org.openhab.binding.mihome.internal.handler.XiaomiBridgeHandler.readDeviceList(XiaomiBridgeHandler.java:145) ~[?:?]
        at org.openhab.binding.mihome.internal.handler.XiaomiBridgeHandler.lambda$0(XiaomiBridgeHandler.java:139) ~[?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) ~[?:1.8.0_152]
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) ~[?:1.8.0_152]
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) ~[?:1.8.0_152]
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293) ~[?:1.8.0_152]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:1.8.0_152]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:1.8.0_152]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_152]

Thank you in advance.

Greetings
Andreas

Agree same problem for me. This is why I hate updating openhab, i jist feel that it is not stable and tested enough. Had to rollback to 2.5.3

See this topic:

1 Like

I really wonder why I did not find this… I even searched for that exactly. Thank you very much for your help!