Xiaomi Mi Air Purifier - solution

Eugene,
Indeed that model is not yet in the database.

The workaround is:
Add it as a basic thing, override the model in the configuration to zhimi.airpurifier.m1 or zhimi.airpurifier.v1 or zhimi.airpurifier.v6
This will allow you to send the commands like the defined model.

I already tried with zhimi.airpurifier.m1 (because zhimi.airpurifier.v1 & zhimi.airpurifier.v6 is not supported :thinking: Database entry for model 'zhimi.airpurifier.v6' cannot be found ),
but,
still all numbers and strings are - / 0.
Switch is a type of OnOffType.

So as you see very strangeā€¦ but i can not see any other errros in the logs.

V1 and v6 should be supported. Are you using the latest version of the binding? (You can uninstall and reā€™-install it) the latest version is of today.

1 Like

Hi,
Can somebody explain how should behave some items. If I proper understand:
filtermaxlife - constant value, maximum lifetime of a filter (in hours)
filterlife - max filter life in percent (100% and decreasing)
filterhours - in hours? (still shows 0)
usedhours - runtime of a purifier (in hours)

Thanks in advance.

@marcel_verpaalen Apologise my late reply but i just want to inform that my setup with zhimi.airpurifier.m1 is working now :wink:
Thanks a lot!

Hi all, had the same like Eugenā€¦ tried this too. Looked initially OK from PaperUI, it showed all the commands, but in my logs I get this:

2018-02-19 21:38:24.856 [WARN ] [nal.transport.MiIoAsyncCommunication] - Send command '{"id":121,"method":"miIO.info","params":[]}'  -> 192.168.178.34 (Device: 036CCC63) gave error Given f$
$2.168.178.34 (Device: 036CCC63) gave error Given final block not properly padded

I donā€™t know what that means :roll_eyes:

Before it has discovered it as M1 but if I took the autodiscovered and entered the token, it only showed 5 commands like SSID etc. nothing that looked connected to a air purifier. So I deleted thing and tried this manual way.
I just downloaded the last version and use OH 2.2 - the other xiaomi devices and sensors on the gateway work from OHā€¦

Any help would be appreciated.

@solarspion
Your error typically is shown when the token is wrong (but was before valid).
In that case the device responds, (compared to a completely wrong token which gives no response at all) but the response canā€™t be decrypted with the provided token.

Would suggest to try to extract the token once more from the xiaomi app

Hi Marcel,

thanks for the help. I tried this and it was indeed correct. To be sure, I generated a new token and entered it in all the Xiaomi things.
Still looks the same unfortunately.

[20:28:03] openhabian@openHABianPi:/var/log/openhab2$ tail openhab.log
2018-02-21 20:27:40.186 [INFO ] [inding.miio.handler.MiIoBasicHandler] - Channel                                                                                                              'led' for thing miio:basic:033E41AA already exist... removing
2018-02-21 20:27:40.191 [INFO ] [inding.miio.handler.MiIoBasicHandler] - Channel                                                                                                              'act_det' for thing miio:basic:033E41AA already exist... removing
2018-02-21 20:27:40.197 [INFO ] [inding.miio.handler.MiIoBasicHandler] - Channel                                                                                                              'buzzer' for thing miio:basic:033E41AA already exist... removing
2018-02-21 20:27:40.202 [INFO ] [inding.miio.handler.MiIoBasicHandler] - Channel                                                                                                              'filtermaxlife' for thing miio:basic:033E41AA already exist... removing
2018-02-21 20:27:40.207 [INFO ] [inding.miio.handler.MiIoBasicHandler] - Channel                                                                                                              'filterlive' for thing miio:basic:033E41AA already exist... removing
2018-02-21 20:27:40.350 [WARN ] [nal.transport.MiIoAsyncCommunication] - Send co                                                                                                             mmand '{"id":837,"method":"miIO.info","params":[]}'  -> 192.168.178.35 (Device:                                                                                                              033E41AA) gave error Given final block not properly padded
2018-02-21 20:27:40.370 [WARN ] [nal.transport.MiIoAsyncCommunication] - Send co                                                                                                             mmand '{"id":838,"method":"get_prop","params":["power","mode","humidity","aqi","                                                                                                             bright"]}'  -> 192.168.178.35 (Device: 033E41AA) gave error Given final block no                                                                                                             t properly padded
2018-02-21 20:27:40.389 [WARN ] [nal.transport.MiIoAsyncCommunication] - Send co                                                                                                             mmand '{"id":839,"method":"get_prop","params":["led","act_det","buzzer","f1_hour                                                                                                             ","filter1_life"]}'  -> 192.168.178.35 (Device: 033E41AA) gave error Given final                                                                                                              block not properly padded
2018-02-21 20:27:40.409 [WARN ] [nal.transport.MiIoAsyncCommunication] - Send co                                                                                                             mmand '{"id":840,"method":"get_prop","params":[]}'  -> 192.168.178.35 (Device: 0                                                                                                             33E41AA) gave error Given final block not properly padded
2018-02-21 20:27:46.613 [WARN ] [nal.transport.MiIoAsyncCommunication] - Send co                                                                                                             mmand '{"id":14,"method":"miIO.info","params":[]}'  -> 192.168.178.34 (Device: 0                                                                                                             36CCC63) gave error Given final block not properly padded

Hello Gents,

Is this binding supporting Xiaomi Air Qaaulity Monitor PM2.5?