Xiaomi Mi Air Purifier (Xiaomi Mi IO)

@BOFH90 thanks for the info

Hi, I’m new here.
I am trying to add a aipurifier 2s to my openhab but get stuck with this: OFFLINE - COMMUNICATION_ERROR. I have the token for the device from my phone (retrieved from db).

Any suggestion please?

I’ve got over that. The device is online but it does not comunicate with console. I have set up the items linked the to the channels and thei dont work. My log files don’t show any errors

Did you find the solution?
I have the same situation with the humidifier: the thing is online but no values are read and I cannot turn on and off

sadly not…but I am still searching

If online device does not respond, enable the debug logging and share what is the response from the device.

NB, if the device is not giving responses, the token is fine… before anything will work with the binding you need the right token.

Hello together,

everything works perfectly, but I have a problem. I can not set the mode on my device. I get the following errors in the log

Modell:
zhimi.airpurifier.mc1

Item:
Number szi_airfilterModus “Modus” (gAir) {channel=“miio:basic:07XXXXXX:mode” }

I guess the problem is you have a number channel and you send a string to it.

Change the type of channel of you want to send a string

Oh, stupid Mistake.

Thanks for Help.

I’ve made video tutorial howto connect xiaomi humidifiers to OpenHAB using this Bindind, maybe it’ll help somebody.
Я сделал видеоурок о том, как подключить увлажнители xiaomi к OpenHAB с помощью этого биндинга, возможно, это кому-нибудь поможет.

2 Likes

Can you post a version of your video in English?
Thanks!

I can make subtitles to this video in english if it helps

1 Like

Yeap! That clearly will help. Thanks Alexei.

Hi Marcel,

do we already have a working device model String for the Xiaomi Air Purifier 2S?

I have experimented with both zhimi.airpurifier.m1 and mc1 but both are not returning all values. Is this the supposed outcome currently?

It seems to take a couple of minutes until it populates all values. I am quite satisfied already but just wondered if there is any better model ID currently that I am not aware of?

Thanks,
Henning

I don’t have such a device… so yes indeed, until someone finds the right properties to query this is indeed the best.

As far as I can see from the screenshot it gets most properties. You can look in the mi-home app and see what is missing (meaning you see it in the screen but not in OH). based on that, might be able to guess the property name.

Take a look at the database for the examples, may devices have similar properties.

If you are good in reading java, you can try to decompile the mihome plugin for your device and see what commands are send. An alternative to that is trying to wireshark the communication, decrypt it and it will also give the commands the app sends.

Hi Marcel,

thanks for letting me know, I will test a bit in the next days and see if any important values and commands change by testing other models.
So far so good :slight_smile: Thanks for your work btw.

Cheers,
Henning

1 Like

any plans to add “zhimi.airpurifier.ma4” ? tried with ma1 and ma2 but no response on PaperUI>control Panel

Any way to pull Temperature in Fahrenheit, or do I need a rule to convert them all?

Hi! I bought a Mija Smart humidifier (https://www.gearbest.com/humidifiers/pp_009272908423.html). I tried to connect it with Mi IO binding. I was able to get the token from the andoid app. Now the item is online, but I cannot control it, as it seems the binding doesn’t recognize is. It writes the id is “deerma.humidifier.mjjsq” How can I use it with openhab? Could you please help me?

How did you get this to work?
My 2S gets detected by Paper UI as zhimi.airpurifier.mc1 thing (like yours), but it doesn’t return any values to the channels.
Same happens when I configure it through the things file. The thing gets detected and set to “ONLINE”, but none of the connected items get any values…
My thing file looks like this:

Thing miio:basic:07FC1DF2 "Blasi" [ host="192.168.178.65", token="xxx", deviceId="07FC1DF2", model="zhimi.airpurifier.mc1"]

Any idea on what could be the issue here?

1 Like