Xiaomi Mi IO Binding broke during upgrade to OH 2.5 (from OH 2.4)

Hi everybody,

I was running OH 2.4 for quite some time without any issues. I had (and still have) the Xiaomi Mi IO binding installed and my Xiaomi Vacuum v1 was working perfectly fine. It was integrated via .things and .items-file (not via PaperUI). PaperUI was always showing me a newly discovered thing which was of type generic. As my integration was working fine I didn’t bother and simply left it in my inbox. Now I upgraded to OH2.5 and without any change to my configuration my device is not communicating with OH anymore. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the binding but it didn’t work.

Here is the log:

2020-01-09 15:02:29.262 [thome.event.ExtensionEvent] - Extension ‘binding-miio’ has been uninstalled.
2020-01-09 15:02:36.727 [thome.event.ExtensionEvent] - Extension ‘binding-miio’ has been installed.
2020-01-09 15:02:36.988 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘miio:vacuum:robocock’ changed from UNINITIALIZED (HANDLER_MISSING_ERROR) to UNINITIALIZED (HANDLER_CONFIGURATION_PENDING)

Any idea of how to proceed? If I downgrade to 2.4 (by reapplying an older backup / image to the sd card) everything works again.

So even if I delete my files, restart and add via PaperUI I still get the errormessage

2020-01-09 15:58:39.156 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘miio:vacuum:robocock_new’ changed from UNINITIALIZED to UNINITIALIZED (HANDLER_CONFIGURATION_PENDING)

I know that this issue is just specific to me, but wiping my sd-card and reinstalling OH2.5 from scratch is no option as I’ve got a ton of other applications running on this RPi.

Any other options? Would it be possible to run OH2.5 but v 2.4 of that specific binding (any instructions for this scenario?)? I could at least give it a shot.

Some more info on that topic:

I did a clean installation of OH2.5 on another RPI and installed the Xiaomi Mi IO binding just to find out that it still doesn’t work. I get the exact same error-message independant of using the things-file or installing via PaperUI.

2020-01-09 16:13:59.216 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘miio:vacuum:robocock’ changed from UNINITIALIZED to UNINITIALIZED (HANDLER_CONFIGURATION_PENDING)

INSANE! Now it seems like an issue with my vacuum, but like I said: It works perfectly fine with v2.4.

To me it seems like it doesnt read the configuration of the thing, (ie token or device id). Check it in PaperUI things.