Xiaomi Mi IO Binding with Yeelight Ceiling Light

I am using Yeelight Ceiling Light with Xiaomi Mi IO binding, however the device stay ‘offline’.

I have configured the device per documentation as follow :

• Find the model and token using mitoolkit, and got following data (scrapped last 3 chars of token)
    yeelink.light.ceiling1 - Ceiling light - da9ae49750ea4e202857e2d4c1c8bxxx - 192.168.1.2
  • Find the device ID using miio discover and got the info as follows :
    Device ID: 53990702
    Model info: Unknown
    Address: 192.168.1.2
    Token: ???
    Support: Unknown
    I converted the device ID from DEC to HEX.

Then insert the data into things in openhabian 2.4.0 with xiaomi mi io v2.4.0 :

Any idea to debug this?

The errors message shown after a while is : OFFLINE - COMMUNICATION_ERROR maximum number of DatagramSockets reached

This typically means the token is wrong.
If the token is right, the device type will be automatically populated

Run with logging set to debug, if you get proper response from the device token is right.
It you get the timeouts or no response, the token is wrong

When I started checking on this again, there are all “ONLINE” now. So the token seems to be correct, not sure why they stays offline for first few days.

Thanks!

Hi,

maybe somebody has an idea, why both my yeelights are online but only the officeyeelight reacts on the power-commands???

This is my thing-file:
Thing miio:basic:lamp_sz “YeelightSZ” [ host=“192.168.xxx.xxx”, token=“ffedc8b1c9d28f10a79f51xxxxx”, deviceId=“77192xxxx”, model=“yeelink.light.ceiling3”, communication=“direct” ]
Thing miio:basic:lamp_office “YeelightOffice” [ host=“192.168.xxx.xxx”, token=“6c1db6a08bafafa4ea58aa23xxxxx”, deviceId=“5624xxxx”, model=“yeelink.light.ceiling1”, communication=“direct” ]

and my item-file:
Switch sz_light “Schlafzimmer-Licht” (gOG,gLight) {alexa=“Light”, channel=“miio:basic:lamp_sz:power”}
Switch office_light “Bürolampe” (gOG,gLight) {alexa=“Light”, channel=“miio:basic:lamp_office:power”}

I am sure, the token and device-id is correct. Checked and bot lamps has been working with my old openhab 2.x-configuration. I changed now to openhab 3.2. Any ideas???

The device ID changed between the versions.
In the logging it will suggest the new deviceId (which will be the hex converted to a regular number)