Xiaomi mihome no events from Aqara Cube (Mi cubes are OK)

I am currently not at home, I can provide you with the code later. But, I used the binding documentation.

// Xiaomi Cube - see "xiaomi.rules" for action triggers
Number Cube_RotationAngle { channel="mihome:sensor_cube:<ID>:rotationAngle" }
Number Cube_RotationTime { channel="mihome:sensor_cube:<ID>:rotationTime" }
Number Cube_Battery <battery> { channel="mihome:sensor_cube:<ID>:batteryLevel" }
Switch Cube_BatteryLow <energy> { channel="mihome:sensor_cube:<ID>:lowBattery" }
rule "Xiaomi Cube"
when
    Channel 'mihome:sensor_cube:<ID>:action' triggered
then
    var actionName = receivedEvent.getEvent()
    switch(actionName) {
        case "MOVE": {
            <ACTION>
        }
        case "ROTATE_RIGHT": {
            <ACTION>

:sweat: after updating the app (5.4.10) and the gateway (1.4.1_157.0143) can’t find the thing id

There is no device list under ‘Hub Info’ only one entry ‘smart home kit forum’

Is there anything I have missed?
Or is there another way to find out the thing id?

Got the same problem, seems like xiaomi guys fix it in the last update :frowning:

BUT

i can extract the ID this way ->

1 Like

sorry, i forgot

open the App - > click on the Gateway - > click on the three points in the top right corner - > about -> tap 10 times on the version number - > Hub Info

1 Like

:rofl: Thx! I can see it now the ID’s :rofl:n

(enabled now -> easy to forget later)

By checking the doc’s about the binding I’ve discovered that the aqara cubes are supported now.
So I updated to the last milestone build: “openHAB 2.4.0~M3-1 (Milestone Build)”.
The aqara cube appeared in the PaperUI inbox.
-> problem solved: “Aqara cubes are OK” too :wink:

Sorry for digging this but does the conbee/deconz route report the face side?

Absolutely. :blush:

This is very interesting. I might just get a conbee. Do you have any idea if I can run it on the same Pi as OH? Or if I should get the raspbee instead of the conbee?

I guess. Not very cpu demanding.
Personally I would go for USB since it is more portable, but if you are sure you are happy with the pi as platform the raspbee could be more convenient.
Deconz uses github as their forum. Browse Issues for info.

I’m already running OH on SSD over USB, just worried that there might not be enough power for another USB device. Not sure I want to dedicate another machine for the Deconz gateway. How are you running yours?

Running Ubuntu server 16.04LTS
Aeotec Gen5 USB stick and Conbee.