Xiaomi PIR sensors

Have an Xiaomi PIR sensor which has behaved itself exceptionally well for a year has suddenly started generating false positives on the daily.
Anyone else experienced this? Could it be a battery going flat? It’s probably the sensor which has seen the most use. The battery telemetry statistic is useless isn’t it?
Thanks

Probably

The sensors themselves are very simple devices and a well proven reliable technology.
Change the battery would be the first step

Thanks. Yes, I didn’t mean the sensor might be “worn out” in any other way than simply a drained battery. I’ll take out the battery and replace it. I just wish the battery telemetry data meant something! :slight_smile:
I wouldn’t call them simple, though. Simple is 433mhz…

I didn’t mean the transmiter and associated electronics. I mean the PIR sensor itself.

My Xiaomi temperature sensors started giving out of range values after about a year. Maybe there is some issue internally common to them. Fortunately I can filter invalid temperature values. Not so easy to determine incorrect motion.

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.