Xiaomi Robot Vacuum Binding

yes, you will be able to continue to use it ‘the old way’
Also you can use the cloud option for one of your accounts, besides having devices that are not linked to it. (or do a quick change between accounts if a new token needs to be retrieved)

What is your usecase to require 2 accounts? You can login with one account to multiple servers as well

The cloud connectivity is merged into the regular OH 2.4-snapshot build since today

1 Like

I set it up like that from the beginning, to have the yeelight app connected to China, and the MiHome app to Europe. I believe there was some issue in the past, that resulted in that setup.

I get this in my logs.

Mi Device model roborock.vacuum.s5 identified as: Mi Robot Vacuum v2 (roborock.vacuum.s5). Matches thingtype miio:vacuum

I also get 2 x things in PaperUI.

Mi Robot Vacuum v2
Xiaomi Robot Vacuum
miio:generic:0706B6E3

and
Xiaomi Mi Device 070B6E3 (117880547) roborock-vacuum-s5_miio117880547
Xiaomi Robot Vacuum
miio:generic:0706B6E3

If I remove both then search for new things, it brings up both things again. If I reboot, the first above shows as offline, until I edit it then save it, then the log message appears and it comes online again.

How do I fix this???

It is a feature… not a bug :slight_smile: in the mean time RTFM Xiaomi Wifi devices (Mi IO) - Bindings | openHAB
Solution is instead of delete use the hide function in paperUI…

Hi! Updated to openHAB 2.5.4 Build #83
When loading openHAB, a warning is displayed:

2020-04-09 16:09:35.163 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler MiIoVacuumHandler of thing miio:vacuum:s50 tried updating channel consumables#consumable_reset although the handler was already disposed.

I have not seen this before. I don’t understand what the problem is.
And I can’t figure out how to download the map. I am using the things file:

Thing miio:vacuum:s50 "Vacuum" @ "Vacuum" [ host="192.168.215.20", token="415474554e4f6b5555555550384b6546", deviceId="0550DD55", model="roborock.vacuum.s5" ]

Need to do something else to load the map?
If you need to specify the country (my robot is attached to China), then how to do this in the file of things?
After restarting openHAB, I do not have a directory:

userdata/miio

Thanks!

The warning may happen if you restart one of the things (e.g. restart of the binding or change of config of a thing). This means it was still communicating while the initiating of the new config is in progress.
It is harmless unless it would be persisting.

For the map download feature you need to set a country in your thing, in your case set it to cn and you need to put in the your cloud logon details in the binding config page. Map is not coming from the device itself, but instead from the cloud, hence the need for cloud logon details.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll watch.

Sorry, missed this, my English is very bad.
Here is my result:
Is this a good result?

dunno how it looks for you in the MiHome app. It is different from the examples we saw so far for S5.
Can I guess that you don’t have rooms defined? I think all the others had rooms defined, which gives a different color on the inside.

As I worked with only single example file, would not mind to receive a copy of your rrmap file and screenshot of how it looks in the regular app.

Yes! Thanks for the help. As time will be, I will look again!

Fan shows -1 in OpenHAB, clicking to change to say, quiet or Max, changes it for a couple seconds (sometimes) but then it goes back to -1 again. Is this a binding issue or vacuum API issue?

It is a logic in the binding issue indeed.
To convert the value to text it used the standard values from the v1 model, for other models this may not be matching. If it does not find a match it comes back with the -1. Seems these default values differ per model and maybe mihome version.
The numeric fan field is showing the actual value returned from the vacuum which should contain a value between 1->100 for older models and also >100 for newer

@marcel_verpaalen
I updated to the “alpha” binding this afternoon. Everything went swimmingly except for the Roborock S6.
Openhab 2.5.3 (with 2.5.4 Miio binding downloaded using the links in this thread).
The binding detects two things as expected, one with the suffix “with token”.
Adding that Thing, everything seems to work fine, the token is extracted and stored in the Thing. However, but it is recognized as “miio:unsupported”.
The same applies if I add the token to the other of the two things.
The vacuum is identified as: roborock.vacuum.s6
It has the firmware version: 3.5.4_1048

The vacuum was properly recognized using the 2.5.3 binding and manually adding the token.
Do you have any idea or advice what to try?

I may be my excessive cleaning in the last build… there were 2 entries for rockrobo.vacuum.s6 and I thought I had a duplicate with roborock.vacuum.s6 maybe some sort of firmware thing where the one is reported differently than the other. Anyway, I added it back again.

In the mean time, pls update your model to another vacuum like the s5 or add it as a miio:vacuum thing

Many thanks for the instant feedback.
/Daniel

Regarding fan -1 issue…
This is for the Roborock S5.
Is it worthwhile updating the binding? I’m still on 2.4. The fan used to work, so yeah it’s likely a vacuum firmware update has possibly changed the way the fan speed is reported.

Hi!

First, thanks for your work, works like a charm :slight_smile:

An unexpected feature (or bug?) I found: If I clean the cache of openhab via the CLI, the vacuum thing (not the binding!) always forgets the country code and then I get consequently a connection error. Took my quite a while to figure this out :wink: Is this intended and/or expected behaviour?

Best
Stefan

That is unexpected behavior…
Do you maybe have a mix of text & paperUI config? Was your vacuum offline when you did that?
(in the discovery I set the country only if the vacuum is online for that county)

Most likely the device was offline. The vacuum is actually not like always online, more sporadically, though commands work very well and items are updated rather reliably. The configuration of the binding and the things is done fully done through the paper ui, used the discovery, but the items are in text configs.

So I also try to get the map of the roborock s50 but I am not able to enter my cloud in the binding. I am not able to edit the binding anyway:

In the addons - bindings it says i am on binding version 2.5.3

Do I also need the smart home binding?
I installed OpenHab this week, so I expect I am on the latest version:

openHAB 2.5.3 Release Build

Kind regards,
Eric