Xiaomi Robot Vacuum Binding

i cant find the expert mode from Xiaomi Mi IO - Bindings | openHAB I know this is an openhab 2 image. Is it gone or?

@Mordor if you look at the 3.1.0 latest documentation it has updated screenshots.
You can see how to reach the binding settings (expert mode) in the OH3.x

1 Like

DEars,

sorry I´m new for robot.
Could you tell which version of binding I should use for last stable version of OH2.5.12?

Currently I suing the binding from paperui and I have follow message in my log:
2021-06-28 13:31:47.547 [INFO ] [.miio.internal.robot.RRMapFileParser] - Unknown blocktype (pls report to author)
2021-06-28 13:31:47.551 [INFO ] [.miio.internal.robot.RRMapFileParser] - Unknown blocktype (pls report to author)

I using an Roborock S7.

Thank you.

You are on a pretty old version of the binding. Since than the parsing of the blocks have been improved, hence most likely you won’t have the issue in the current version (e.g. the released OH3.1)

Suggest to ignore the message (you could supress it with set:log warn org.openhab.binding.miio.internal.robot.RRMapFileParser)

The jar files from oh3.0 / 3.1 can’t run in the 2.5 environment, so you either live with it or need to upgrade your Openhab.

Hi Marcel,

thank you for your help. Sorry I have read some bout this binding but have 2 other questions and I need help here:

• Can I use in my OH2.5.12 version the current version of this binding (3.0/3.1) ?
  • How can I use the “is_locating” channel in my version?

Thank you for your help.

Cheers
Sascha

Hi,

does anybody have an answer to my questions? openHab Roborock S7 mop features - Add-ons / Bindings - openHAB Community

Thanks in advance!

Hi! Some time ago, I updated and got the following warning about twice a minute, the last snapshot is the same:

2021-07-22 12:20:41.284 [WARN ] [internal.handler.MiIoAbstractHandler] - As per openHAB version 3.2 the deviceId is no longer a string with hexadecimals, instead it is a string with the numeric respresentation of the deviceId. If you continue seeing this message, update deviceId in your thing configuration
2021-07-22 12:20:54.942 [WARN ] [internal.handler.MiIoAbstractHandler] - As per openHAB version 3.2 the deviceId is no longer a string with hexadecimals, instead it is a string with the numeric respresentation of the deviceId. If you continue seeing this message, update deviceId in your thing configuration
2021-07-22 12:21:56.323 [WARN ] [internal.handler.MiIoAbstractHandler] - As per openHAB version 3.2 the deviceId is no longer a string with hexadecimals, instead it is a string with the numeric respresentation of the deviceId. If you continue seeing this message, update deviceId in your thing configuration
2021-07-22 12:22:09.979 [WARN ] [internal.handler.MiIoAbstractHandler] - As per openHAB version 3.2 the deviceId is no longer a string with hexadecimals, instead it is a string with the numeric respresentation of the deviceId. If you continue seeing this message, update deviceId in your thing configuration
2021-07-22 12:22:41.358 [WARN ] [internal.handler.MiIoAbstractHandler] - As per openHAB version 3.2 the deviceId is no longer a string with hexadecimals, instead it is a string with the numeric respresentation of the deviceId. If you continue seeing this message, update deviceId in your thing configuration
2021-07-22 12:23:25.023 [WARN ] [internal.handler.MiIoAbstractHandler] - As per openHAB version 3.2 the deviceId is no longer a string with hexadecimals, instead it is a string with the numeric respresentation of the deviceId. If you continue seeing this message, update deviceId in your thing configuration
2021-07-22 12:23:56.399 [WARN ] [internal.handler.MiIoAbstractHandler] - As per openHAB version 3.2 the deviceId is no longer a string with hexadecimals, instead it is a string with the numeric respresentation of the deviceId. If you continue seeing this message, update deviceId in your thing configuration

I don’t understand what and where do I need to fix?

@Olymp are you using the latest snapshot I expect… with text config for the things, right?

In that case in your thing text config you need to update the deviceId field. In situations without text config I would expect OH to do it by itself. If not, probaly just empty the deviceID field in the thing config will trigger the update as well.

See below screenie: So with the new version you need the 55512645 as deviceId whereas in the old version it would have been the 034F0E45

If you don’t see the number anymore you can use e.g. : Hexadecimal to Decimal Converter to convert it or e.g. the windows calulator.

let me know if indeed you had text config and/or if this worked out for you.

Thanks for the feedback, appreciate it!
Yes, I am using text configuration, changed the device ID, rebooted the openHAB, the warnings remain.
At the moment, I did it remotely, the robot is not online. Whenever possible, I will plug it into the network and see the result, if this could also be the reason.

@Olymp I made a quick update to improve the message, to help make the change.
Adding to the line: Expected change for thing 'miio:generic:0581B26C': Update current deviceId: '0581B26C' to '92385900'

so it will look like this in the normal situation (when not using text config) :

11:52:31.505 [WARN ] [internal.handler.MiIoAbstractHandler] - As per openHAB version 3.2 the deviceId is no longer a string with hexadecimals, instead it is a string with the numeric respresentation of the deviceId. 
If you continue seeing this message, update deviceId in your thing configuration. 
Expected change for thing 'miio:generic:0581B26C': Update current deviceId: '0581B26C'  to  '92385900'
11:52:31.505 [DEBUG] [internal.handler.MiIoAbstractHandler] - No deviceId defined. Retrieving Mi deviceId
11:52:31.509 [DEBUG] [nal.transport.MiIoAsyncCommunication] - Sending Ping to device '' (192.168.3.108)
11:52:31.509 [DEBUG] [nal.transport.MiIoAsyncCommunication] - Starting Mi IO MessageSenderThread
11:52:31.509 [DEBUG] [nal.transport.MiIoAsyncCommunication] - Opening socket on port: 52850 
11:52:31.514 [DEBUG] [nal.transport.MiIoAsyncCommunication] - Ping to device '' (192.168.100.100) success
11:52:31.514 [DEBUG] [internal.handler.MiIoAbstractHandler] - Ping response from deviceId '92385900' at 192.168.100.100. Time stamp: 1970-06-18T22:58:22, OH time 2021-07-22T11:52:31.514094100, delta -1612353249
11:52:31.514 [DEBUG] [internal.handler.MiIoAbstractHandler] - Using retrieved Mi deviceId: 92385900

it is really strange… the message should only appear when 2 conditions are true: 1) lenght of 8, which is true in your case AND 2) it should contain a character a…z or A…Z. the 2nd condition should not be true in your case. Almost seems your change in the text has not been picked up yet…

if (deviceId.length() == 8 && deviceId.matches("^.*[a-zA-Z]+.*$")) {
            logger.warn(
                    "As per openHAB version 3.2 the deviceId is no longer a string with hexadecimals, instead it is a string with the numeric respresentation of the deviceId. If you continue seeing this message, update deviceId in your thing configuration. Expected change for thing '{}': Update current deviceId: '{}' to '{}'",
                    getThing().getUID(), deviceId, Utils.fromHEX(deviceId));
            deviceId = "";
        }

Is it possible to hide “Select consumable” on the sitemap (basicui and OH app)?

My fault, I forgot that in addition to the vacuum cleaner, I also have Yeelight lamps. I updated the OpenHAB snapshot and now it gives out to each warning line a message about the device, I have not seen this before. This helped me understand the cause and fix it. Thank you! Now there are no warnings.

1 Like

I just realized that the network channel for ssid:

miio:vacuum:roborock:network#ssid

is having a problem when the SSID contains whitespaces. It just returns the string until the whitespace. Ok, it’s just cosmetics and doesn’t have any impact on the functionality - just wanted to mention it

can you see in the log if it is coming well from the vacuum? I don’t think in the binding I do anything special with the value (no processing etc), just pick it up from the json and put it to the channel

You are right! I just looked in the App and indeed it shows the same issue - so the SSID-String is not delivered correctly from the vaccuum - in both cases it shows only “My” instead of “My Home”:

Receivedresponsefor132AA134type : MIIO_INFO,
result : {
“hw_ver” : “Linux”,
“fw_ver” : “3.5.8_5850”,
“ap” : {
“ssid” : “My”,
“bssid” : “xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx”,
“rssi” : -44
},
“netif” : {
“localIp” : “192.168.1.3”,
“mask” : “255.255.255.0”,
“gw” : “192.168.1.1”
},
“miio_ver” : “miio-client 3.5.8”,
“model” : “roborock.vacuum.a10”,
“mac” : “xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx”,
“token” : “xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx”,
“life” : 45498
},
fullresponse : {
“partner_id” : “”,
“id” : 14589,
“code” : 0,
“message” : “ok”,
“result” : {
“hw_ver” : “Linux”,
“fw_ver” : “3.5.8_5850”,
“ap” : {
“ssid” : “My”,
“bssid” : “xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx”,
“rssi” : -44
},
“netif” : {
“localIp” : “192.168.1.3”,
“mask” : “255.255.255.0”,
“gw” : “192.168.1.1”
},
“miio_ver” : “miio-client 3.5.8”,
“model” : “roborock.vacuum.a10”,
“mac” : “xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx”,
“token” : “xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx”,
“life” : 45498
}
}

Dears,

could please someone explain please the right command in detail.
I have problems to use them in a rule.

Thanks.

I’m trying to collect the supported features for robots to update the documentation page XiaomiRobotVacuumProtocol/fw_features.md at master · marcelrv/XiaomiRobotVacuumProtocol · GitHub

Would like to ask everyone to share the response for their robot to the get_fw_features command along with the model and firmware version (found in the thing properties)

Border cropping feature has just been merged. By default the maps will be cropped.

Also you can customize all the colors and text or disable the logo/text altogether (for those that had problems with the text rendering or don’t want to have the logo)

Not yet in the readme, but he way to customize this is to create a file with the name mapConfig.json in the userdata/miio… if it sees this file it will read the map rendering preferences from there. If the file is available but invalid it will create a new file with all the default values for you to customize. To (re-)read the file either restart openhab/the binding or alternatively edit the thing and make minor change. Note, cropping is diabled (hence showing like the current maps) for any “cropBorder” < 0

1 Like

thnx mate for all your hard work!Is there a way for the binding to support the new xiaomi air fryer ?