Xiaomi Robot Vacuum Binding

@kovaga I think you need to use another channel. Use the status#fan_power / Fan Power channel for this purpose. The -1 indeed is currently hardcoded for any value not in the standard list.

1 Like

Maybe someone have mentioned it earlier in this thread but I’d like to add an alternative for getting the token if you’ve been struggling like me with mitoolkit (I have an encrypted phone so I can’t make backups without password).
Check https://python-miio.readthedocs.io/en/latest/discovery.html#logged-tokens

Basically if you install Mi Home 5.4.49 (Android!) the debug is enabled so the app will write the token in the log files on the phone/device you’re running it on (for my phone it was: /sdcard/smarthome/logs/).
Worked like a charm for me!
Maybe something to add to #1 post @marcel_verpaalen?

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll try the method and will add it to the first topic.
I think it is a much easier approach than the other methods

@marcel_verpaalen
Since some time ago, on a v1 roborock, the clean started time is not getting it’s json format, I get some truncated JSON response, like this:

Cleaning record

{"start":"2019-07-08T10:00:02+02:00[Europe/Budapest]","end":"2019-07-08T17:51:37+02:00[Europe/Budapest]","duration":80,"area":58.4625,"error":0,"finished":0}

Can you have a look at this please?

Thanks!

I’m about to buy a S55, but before i do, i have a question. You can’t control the S55 fro openhab if you don’t have the token, and that token can only be aquired with an Android phone (rooted or not) ?

We don’t have any android device, so that would be a problem. Isn’t it possible with an Android emulator on the pc? Or iPhone? Or even better, some cloud app from Xiaomi ?

@rkrisi yes. will take a look at that when I have a chance.
Can you create a issue in github maybe.

@lsiepel You can run in an emulator indeed and try the method of @lfs_alp5 (few topics up)

Does this binding support functionality “Find my robot vacuum”?
This is supported in the standard Xiaomi Home app.
Sometime my roborock get stuck :smile: So it would nice to find where it got stuck. Today when this happend I have to open the stock app and use this functionality.

I personally use the NOX APP PLAYER emulator, it works correctly.
My Home 5.0.19

Search the devices folder, there are all the tokens

1 Like

@Phuong yes, the binding support find. Though here is no channel for it.
You should send ’ find_me’ to the command channel

Thanks! It works great!

Here is what I added to my sitemap

Switch item=RoborockCommand label=“Kommando” mappings=[find_me=“Finn meg”]

Hey everyone,

I have a 2 questions and would like to know how you handle it with the coordinates.

1. We have some rooms I would like to clean them separately by coordinates. After each full cycle/run the robot generates a new map. I read in this thread that some of you are handling this by a special construction that the robot is always driving out of the station the same way. But even if I put him in a special corner / access I get an issue with the space he needs to get in/off his docking Station - with the result of a new map each time. How do you manage this Problem? How looks your construction?

2. I would like to switch off the internet access for the robot. Is cleaning with coordinates then still working, I am aware that the map is not shown any longer then.

Thank you for your hints in advance.

Kindly,
Woogi

Hey man, do you solve this problem?

I’m trying to adapt here too and discovered this same problem… any tips to share?

Another thing, do you discover a way to show the map that the robot generate?

regards.

Hi, no I was distracted by something else, and never got back to solving this problem.
I know that the correct settings are passed to the device, and the fact that it is not displayed on the sitemap does not bother me too much TBH.

Hey Is the new Xiaomi Roborock Vacuum S6 supportet ?

/Peter

No, it is not, but based on what I read, if you add a vacuum thing and overwrite the modelId with rockrobo.vacuum.v1, I expect the majority will work.

pls feedback the result

Hi
Unfortunately did not work it come with this error message error:

2019-08-22 22:04:33.786 [INFO ] [ing.miio.handler.MiIoAbstractHandler] - Mi Device model roborock.vacuum.s6 has model config: rockrobo.vacuum.v1. Unexpected unless manual override

2019-08-22 22:04:33.788 [WARN ] [ing.miio.handler.MiIoAbstractHandler] - Mi Device model Unknown Mi IO Device (unknown) identified as: miio:unsupported, thingtype miio:vacuum. Does not matches thingtype miio:unsupported. Unexpected, unless unless manual override.

That specific message is indeed expected…
It is a info/warning only.

The interesting part is what are the responses to the following commands that the binding is sending. E.g
What happens when you try to start the vacuuming via oh

I think this is the correct topic…

Today I received the Linptech powerless doorbell, and the Mi IO binding found the device (unsupported thing) with 2 actions: ExperimentalExecuteTestCommands & PowerOnOff.
But I don’t know what to do.
The binding also found my gateway twice, but I saw in the documentation these are unsupported. And I don’t know if I need them for this device. The gateway is already added for the Zigbee devices.

• Xiaomi Mi Device 000XX00X(00000000) lumi-gateway-v3_miio00000000
  • Xiaomi Mi Device 000XX00X (00000000) with token

The doorbell is unsupported atm in miio binding. Unfortunately they don’t seem to send a message if a door ring is received, hence not the ideal for a doorbell…

The only thing you can do with the binding is to enable the command channel (advanced, hence by default hidden) and try to send commands to it.
you can try as commands:

The avaliable commands are:
get_volume
set_volume (from 0 to 4)
get_switch_list
delete_specified_switch
play_specified_music (from 0 to 36)
stop_play
enter_specified_learn_mode
set_music_for_switch
exit_learning_mode

nb, you can ignore the lumi gateways discovery. They use the same mechanism for identifying themselfes on the network, hence the binding discovers them. However, they are unsupported as there is the mihome binding that supports them.

A notification is sent by the Mi App when I press the button.

I noticed that I didn’t followed the token precedure, but it seems that there isn’t any. I did it via the MiToolkit and via manual creating a backup via adb. The whole ‘token’ column is empty… all other info is correct.