Xiaomi Robot Vacuum Binding

Same for me, a little bit slow to respond.

I don’t know what you mean about Color dimmer channel. Color channels only has RGB/HSB values…

The Philips Hue lights I have can be completely controlled through:

• 1 Color item
  • 1 Color temperature (dimmer)

Philips Hue doesn’t even have a channel for brightness but it’s possible to set it with the most bottom slider in the “color item”. This slider for my Yeelight strip seems to do absolutely nothing. Am I missing some detail in which the products are different?

It now avoids to send values that the strip does not accept. You can avoid this behaviour by downloading the db for device here and save it to your openhab/conf/misc/miio folder (miio part you probably need to make) and remove the "condition": {"name": "BrightnessExisting"} part, which makes that it will always send whatever the value. My understanding is it that the lights don’t accept value of 0% and 100%, but that maybe different per lamp (or even per firmware)… I don’t own lightstrips or most of these devices… I rely on input/logs from others. try and feedback… or better make a PR.

The color channel, indeed can have a slider for brightness. It has some hardcoding that may work for some of the lights. Better support of that is in progress… https://github.com/marcelrv/openhab2/tree/miio-yeelightColor

1 Like

That is unexpected indeed. Do you do text config maybe? Can you try to discover your thing again? or try to add it as a miio:generic thing.
I just downloaded a completely fresh version of openhab & tried to reproduce this but could not. Hence would be good to understand how you configured your system which give maybe hint on which combination gives this behaviour

Thanks for the reply. It seems you are actually correct about the 0% and 100%. All other values seem to stick properly and immediately, I did not notice this detail at first.

I have the second version of the light strip, as you say it might differ depending on product and firmware (I have some regular bulbs as well but they’re currently packed in a box as I just moved).

Current behaviour is:
Start at e.g 50%.
Set to 70%
70% is indicated and light shines at 70%
Set to 0%
Power switch is turned off (light turns off), but dim value is still 70%.
Set dim value to anything 1-99, light does not turn on, value jumps back to 70%.
Set dim value to 100, light turns on, but not at 100%, but rather still at 70%.

Conclusion: 0% and 100% acts as “power off” and “power on” and does not affect the dim level.

I might have some time now in the Corona days to actually contribute myself, but in the meantime I figure it could help to report my experience, as I have a lot of the products connected and or lying around in boxes.

That is indeed the ‘conditional’ command feature of the latest version applied to the brightness.

If 0% or 100% is send to the channel, instead of sending the value which the light bulb will reject it is sending power on/off commands.

Maybe I can improve it to send 99% brightness as well, that might be more intuitive

@marcel_verpaalen my userdata/miio folder only includes the tokens file. What do I need to do to get the map images in there with the latest binding? If I see it correctly there’s no config option with the latest version in Paper UI.

I now added the vacuum manually via paperUI and it seems to work :smile:

The jpg files indeed I took out as it was mainly for debugging. It is the same as save image in your browser. Is there a specific usecase for it?

If you know the specific way to reproduce it on a plain /clean installation let me know.

My idea was to have it as sort of a control mechanism, the same way I use FloleVac for it now. Also it allows me to see if the map has rotated again (which it does every now and then).

I think this indeed a good idea. The thing that bugs me now is that I slide all the way to the right, the light turns on (great), the dim level sets to whatever it was before (a bit annoying but could be ok), but now I want to set the brightness to the maximum value, which means I need to precisely hit 99 on the small slider, because if I hit 100, it jumps back to its previous value (effectively impossible/very hard to set brightness to max using a slider).

So you have some tool that checks the image. Or you eyeball the image? The offline rrfile viewer that is included may be useful. i can make a small change that allows you to dump the text output as well as dump the jpg file without loading the gui part.

Nope, actually just eyeballing :smiley:
I would’ve included the image in the sitemap as some other people posted, but if you had a good reason for taking that out, then that’s cool as well… I just thought I missed something that would prevent the jpgs from being created.

ok, I’ve submitted it for code review to be included soon.

haha… the other way around… I did not see a good reason to keep it in…

1 Like

PR has been merged, This will always send a power on unless dimmer =0.
Also it maximize the dimmer even >100% . This will be in snapshot builds.

2 Likes

Good morning guys! out of the topic…going thru the “i need that” moment… so what Xiaomi Vacuum should I get? obviously for OH system.

Thanks

Any progress on how to make a bigger ,with smaller blue boarders map?

I have another little glitch (which I also experienced before):
Mi Vacuum goes sometimes into an OFFLINE state then it comes back a few seconds later. Does this infinitely. Sometimes a restart solves, sometimes not… (usually this won’t start immediately after a restart).
I have Valetudo installed on my vacuum, but I experienced this before when it had the original fw.

Sometimes it needs minutes:

2020-04-21 20:01:29.229 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'miio:vacuum:04EE894D' changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (CONFIGURATION_ERROR)

2020-04-21 20:05:44.055 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'miio:vacuum:04EE894D' changed from OFFLINE (CONFIGURATION_ERROR) to ONLINE

2020-04-21 20:08:14.063 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'miio:vacuum:04EE894D' changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (CONFIGURATION_ERROR)

Hi all,

is it possible to configure the binding, i.e., enter Xiaomi cloud details to retrieve the token and to use the map feature for the vacuum, without using PaperUI? I have configured my whole setup with text based config files and in the past I had some issues with PaperUI then.

Is there a config file for the binding where I can enter my details?

Thanks!

1 Like