Xiaomi Robot Vacuum Binding

Thanks for your Effort! Looks like the pull request was successfull. Is the snapshot build automatically and where can I get it?

thnx for your answer but i am a linux newbe…i can download and edit but then where do i have to replace the json?

Unfortunately the snapshot builds for 2.5.11 are currently not working since 25 oct. :frowning:
So though it is merged, no build succeeded with it. If it won’t get fixed, I may publish it on my server on the next few days

update: you can download the binding here: https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/webapp/#/builds/PR-openHAB2-Addons/21800/1604404241350/published%20/org.openhab.addons.bundles:org.openhab.binding.miio:2.5.11-SNAPSHOT

Or wait a day or so and it will be available as for updating via the UI
It is now available for regular download via paperUI.

@Constantinos_Contis look here on how: https://www.openhab.org/addons/bindings/miio/#advanced-adding-local-database-files-to-support-new-devices No need to replace files most likely

1 Like

Hi,
are you sure the code is merged? I installed the 2.5.11-SNAPSHOT version from the artifactory (you linked it) and I still got the exception in the logs.
To verify, I downloaded the sources from Artifactory too and could see, that the crucial code line is not there. (see here in main branch: https://github.com/openhab/openhab-addons/blob/ffc48e498d7096f658d057b15bea847e5485e10f/bundles/org.openhab.binding.miio/src/main/java/org/openhab/binding/miio/internal/cloud/CloudConnector.java#L140).

Think you’re right. Don’t see the change in the 2.5.x branch.
Will check tonight if it is still hanging somewhere or if I did not put t properly in the backport

Indeed, it was not yet merged as I accidently prematurely closed it. :confused:
Now it has been merged, hence after the snapshot build of this night it is available.

Hi
I just purchased Mi Robot Vacuum Mop.
The binding do find the vacuum but it’s listed as “unsupported xiaomi mi device”
I only get few channels inside the thing. I do get the execute channel/action.
But when I try to run this command in karaf:
smarthome:send MiRobotVacuumMopEssential_Actions_ExecuteCommand find_me
It doesn’t work. When I run same command on other vacuum (S50) it works fine.

I also see that the vacuum have other model name like: Xiaomi Mi 1C Robot Vacuum Mop
More information about the product here: https://mi-home.no/produkt/mi-hjem/mi-robot-vacuum-1c/

If this vacuum is not supported by the binding can you please add this to the binding?

In the recent versions of the binding you have a option to find channels for unsupported devices.
Can you run it and send me the output in PM. I can look into supporting the device.
Better even… make a github issue for support for this device.

Sure I have registered a bug in github now.

@marcel_verpaalen When using new channel actions#segment for my Roborock S6 within an Alexa group endpoint (e.g. alexa=“Endpoint.Other”) due to the UNDEF value of this item, Alexa can not handle this group endpoint any more and responds “device isn’t responding, please check its network connection and power supply”.
May you could check if you could set this channel to a preset value not UNDEF, e.g. empty string i.e. “”, especially when vacuum cleaner returns in dock after finishing the cleaning?
Using Snapshot build 2.5.11 (202011190408)

@andyzle yes, can take a look at that. I’ve a number of improvements I’m making still for OH3, so it may take a but. Would you mind making a github issue for it than it won’t be forgotten.

I always used snapshots, but at one point, I got openHAB 2.5.10 Release Build and the pictures are no longer updated. I don’t understand why.
sources.list.d:

deb https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/openhab-linuxpkg unstable main

I have the wrong repository? How did you upgrade to 2.5.11?

@Olymp
On Jenkins - Maven- project openHAB2.5.x-Addons follow /lastStableBuild/artifact/bundles/org.openhab.binding.miio/target to see the latest jar build.
Be aware that you can face incompatibilities of this latest snapshot with your current OH version.
Regards,
Andy

@marcel_verpaalen Thank you for taking a look on - I will create a github issue for the actions#segment topic.

but how to update the entire OX through the apt upgrade to the latest build, and not a separate addon?

Does anybody know how to set the water level on the S5 max?

We have to distinguish between a) openHAB release build installed on your OH server and b) the latest build of an OH development snapshot.
a) The current stable OH release build 2.5.10 you can download from official OH website.
b) The latest OH development snapshot you can find on the Jenkins release build page.
From Jenkins I download the latest stable build 2.5.11 of the Xiaomi Binding (org.openhab.binding.miio) and put it in the addon folder of my current OH installation, by the way is version 2.5.0.M4.
And this is my warning: when mixing up version of your OH installation with bindings of another version you should know what you are doing and be well-prepared if you run into errors, e.g. due to changes in libraries.
If you want to update to the latest OH Snapshot Release (which I do not recommend) then just follow the instructions Package Repository Installation of the OH documentation - see subsection “Snapshot Release”.

that’s exactly what I asked.

I indicated above that I am using the snapshot repository, but the latest was 2.5.10

I just want to install the last snapshot through the update, as before, the last few years, but this does not work, as it did before the 2.5.10 release.
I think you don’t understand my bad english, just ignore me, thanks for trying to help.

@marcel_verpaalen Github issue “[miio] new channel actions#segment - value UNDEF” created.

1 Like