Xiaomi Smart Ceiling LED Light

Hello everybody,
this is my first post and I am new to the smartHome environment.
I am mainly working with xiaomi products and had some very cool experiences with openHAB2 :slight_smile:

However, I now have 3 Xiaomi LED Ceiling Light (https://www.gearbest.com/flush-ceiling-lights/pp_009592108020.html?wid=1433363) installed. I use the Mi IO Binding to connect to these lights and I can SOMETIME control them.

I have 3 lights, but when I try to switch all to ON / OFF one of these lights has a strong delay or never reacts… it was the same when using the MiHome or yeelight app (I am using china mainland as server… I will try to switch to europe to see if this will improve). My main question is if openHAB still sends the commands to the china server and the china server sends it back to the lights or if everything happens locally…

I was under the assumption that openHAB would handle it all locally and thus the delay would disappear… it seems I was wrong here (yeah, my fault, still loving openHAB). If this is the case, can anybody recommend me xioami light products that can operate in LAN?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

If there are any hints you could provide (use another binding or something like that) please let me know :wink:

It’s all locally, you even can block internet connection completely:

The devices don’t need an Internet connection to be working after you have set up the developer mode BUT you won’t be able to connect to them via App anymore - easiest way is to block their outgoing Internet connection in your router and enable it later, when you want to check for updates etc

So the delay may appear because that light has a bad connection to your gateway.

Oh, sorry. The binding you mentioned doesn’t support the ceiling lights. I use the Xiaomi MI IO Binding… I am not sure it works locally… thats what I am concerned about. Thx for the fast reply

Then you should find the answer in the main thread for that market place binding:

1 Like