Xiaomi things in PaperUI Inbox

Hello,

I would like to ask you if there is a possibility for Xiaomi things not to show up in PaperUI Inbox?

Currently I am running on OpenHAB 2.5.0.M3 on RPi3 (openHABian).
All my Xiaomi things and items are configured via configuration files and work perfect.

Is it possible to hide these things permanently?

Thanks.

Hi Kris,

I am not very familiar with the Xiaomi binding. Let’s have a look if I can help.

1. Are the things shown in your inbox dublicates (e.g. adds manually via textual configuration)?

2. Or do you want to disable the discovery completely?

First issue is probably a bug in the binging. For discovery each thing has to define a so called representational property to ensure uniqueness of a thing. I do not know if this is the case for the discovery inside the binding and all thing types

Unfortunately for the second issue there is no solution.

Hi Christoph,

None of options (1. or 2.) fits the siruation perfectly :slight_smile:
Actually I just wanted to stop these xiaomi items to appear in PaperUI inbox. They are already added to the system via configuration files so they shuldn’t appear in inbox as things just discovered.
Now I am testing if ignoring (hiding) them in Inbox will be permanent.

Another thing is that one of these xiaomi items is in fact a duplicate. Which is gateway with MAC address without leading “0” GitHub Issue

Thanks,
Kris

I see. As I said I am neither an expert in mihome binding nor using it myself. Maybe we can call for @pboos help?