XMPP OH3 - new Syntax?

Hi,

I am using the days off from work to set up the new Openhab 3. I did not migrate, but started from scratch.
I am slowly finding my way around in the new UI.
Important for me is to get notifications on my mobile, until now I used the xmpp-binding for that and I was very happy with it.
Trying to set up a new rule with ‘DSL Script or ECMA Script’ for the notification und copy / pasting it from my old OH2 files does not work for me.
Trying the Email-Notification as an alternative with copy/paste did neither, but I did find a new syntax for the ‚ECMA-Script‘ here in the community as follows below. This works for me for succesful email notifications.
ECMA:
actions.get(“mail”, “mail:smtp:yoursmtp”).sendMail(“Example@gmail.com”, “openHAB 3 Alert”, “Something changed!”);

I tried adapting it to use xmpp, but this did not work for me, e.g.

actions.get(“xmpp”, “xmppclient:xmppBridge:yourxmpp").sendXMPP(“jid@xmpp.server”, “openHAB 3 Alert”);

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Greetings
Ecko

Hi @ecko,
while I’m not familiar with the ECMA-Scripts, I also had problems getting, getting the xmppclient's example rules to work with OH3 and found out, that the following works with OH3 to send a message from DSL Scripts:

val actions = getActions("xmppclient","xmppclient:xmppBridge:xmpp")
actions.publishXMPP("pavel@example.com","Warning! Leak detected!")

Basically you just need to change the first parameter of getActions() from “xmpp” to “xmppclient”.

Regards,
Soeren

Great, that‘s it.

Adapted to ECMA Code it would be like this:

actions.get("xmppclient", "xmppclient:xmppBridge:xmpp").publishXMPP("jid@yourserver.xy", "Openhab 3 Alert ");

That works for me, great. Now I can write my rules! Perfect!
Thanks a lot!

Eckart