XStream not initalized

Sorry to be a bit of a country bumpkin here, but I see references to the issue being fixed, and links to github where things are shown to be merged, but as a newbie to this whole environment what are the (simple?) steps I can take to incorporate the updated code elements back into my Windows build? I’m on 3.0.1 stable and getting the same error messages.

Thanks,
Al

I installed openHAB 3.0.2 Release Build on a raspberry pi 4 earlier this week. Then after adding the z-wave binding I started getting the:

Security framework of XStream not explicitly initialized, using predefined black list on your own risk

This does not seem to create an error with z-wave. Is there a simple fix? Can anyone share what is the risk of ‘using predefined black list’?

Was the zwave binding added using the UI? If not, that could the problem. There have been at least two changes in the last two months that will cause problems if the Zwave does not come from the UI installation. If yes, there was a disconnect between the Zwave binding for a month or two between the 3.0 series and the 3.1 series. The disconnect was fixed, at least in regardless to the Zwave database updates, but the Xstream fix may (And I’m speculating here) have only been applied to the 3.1 series. The fix would be to get on the 3.1 series. I have M5 running and it seems okay.

I can’t comment on the risk.

Bob

Yes that is the case. I created a PR to fix this for 3.0.x but it was never merged by the maintainers so users will keep running into this and comment on this thread until they upgrade to 3.1.x.

1 Like