[SOLVED] Yahoo weather does not work anymore

As of today there is no temperature from Yahoo anymore in my UI. When checking the log:

2019-01-04 13:51:04.177 [WARN ] [al.connection.YahooWeatherConnection] - Communication error occurred while getting Yahoo weather information: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.net.UnknownHostException: query.yahooapis.com: No address associated with hostname
2019-01-04 13:56:04.205 [WARN ] [al.connection.YahooWeatherConnection] - Communication error occurred while getting Yahoo weather information: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.net.UnknownHostException: query.yahooapis.com: No address associated with hostname

Found this on the yahoo website:

Important EOL Notice: As of Thursday, Jan. 3, 2019, the weather.yahooapis.com and query.yahooapis.com for Yahoo Weather API will be retired.
To continue using our free Yahoo Weather APIs, use https://weather-ydn-yql.media.yahoo.com/forecastrss. Contact yahoo-weather-ydn-api@oath.com for credentials to onboard to this free Yahoo Weather API service.

What to do next?

kr

Han

1 Like

Indeed, and the binding will be removed as well for that exact reason:

So for example switch to Open Weather Map:

By the way, also see this topic:

1 Like

Cheers, will do! And I see that my search of the forum did not reveal that topic :persevere:

I can’t see the binding. However, I haven’t upgraded to openHAB 2.4 yet – does it require 2.4?

Have the same… since 03jan19 21u51…

Why why why :angry: are these so called friendly services doing this.
The moment you start using some reliable service, its almost guaranteed it will be changed or stopped… Very annoying.

Thanks Rolf for the workaround. Works fine for me (took me one hour to set up though).

same here cant find the bidning do i need 2.4?

yes, binding is only available for 2.4, which got me in a new situation…

i have 2 OH installed on widnows , but now both on 2.4
thaks Yhaoo for making do this brave step :slight_smile:

If you are still on 2.3, and cannot or do not want to upgrade to 2.4 yet, you may use the Weather binding with Open Weather Map.

Edit:
It works, yet logs errors.