Yale/August smart locks with WiFi support [3.3.0;3.5.0)

@seime, I tried but it didn’t work for me. On the UI there is still no new channel and the status of the item (configured via file) is still NULL.

I downloaded the latest release from Github:

openhab> bundle:list |grep August
371 │ Active │  80 │ 4.1.0.202312020842     │ Seime Add-ons :: Bundles :: August Binding
openhab>

and this is what I see:

Could you try to temporally add a new lock to see if this one gets the new channel?

Yes, it does!

I paused my old Thing and created a new one with the same Lock ID. After updating my Items file the battery item got populated!

Thank you!

Hi, again, @seime. I hope you’re doing well.

I’ve been facing an issue from time to time with the binding. The bridge Thing changes to OFFLINE. When I realize it, I have to pause and unpause it to restore it.

Have you faced something similar? I’ll send you the trace log privately.

Hi, everyone.

Does no one else have this problem with the binding?

EDIT: Hi, @seime. I installed 4.1.0.202401150736. I’ll let you know if I keep experiencing the issue.

Thanks for your support!!!

I have the 4.1.0.202401150736 bundle installed and experience the same binding communication error, at least daily

I checked my logs, and it hasn’t happened since before the latest version (it did happen before).

Could you verify that you don’t have an old version of the binding running in parallel + plus send me DEBUG logs via PM?

Cheers

Hi @seime. I’m still having a few issues and decided to try switching the bridge to the Yale ecosystem. And now I cannot log in!!! I am getting the message
CONFIGURATION_ERROR
Check email / phone / password / validation code

At the top of the Thing next to the Offline banner. I am using my US phone number exactly as is listed in the iPhone app (+1xxxxxxxxxx), my correct account email and PW. I cannot recall how to re-obtain the validation code though…

This is a generic error message when something is wrong with the login credentials.

Make sure you also have selected YALE_HOME as the eco system:

Try to delete and re-create the bridge thing.

The validation code will come via email in all cases (sms not implemented).

Feel free to send me DEBUG level logs via DM if it doesn’t work out for you.

Hey @seime, thanks so much for your hard work and efforts in putting this up :blush:

I checked the GitHub and didn’t see mention of the following Yale model. Do you think it’ll work since it uses the Yale Home app? TIA! :+1:

YDM 3115 AV: YDM 3115 AV Series- Smart Lock, Silver – Yale India :crossed_fingers:

Hi @aaronkhare , the list of models contains the models at least one user has tested and confirmed working. Most likely there a many more models that will work, especially the ones supporting remote control via their app.

The model you refer to seems to fit the above category . Feel free to report back if you purchase it and successfully integrate it.

Cheers

1 Like