Yamaha as an audio sync

Hi! I have a Yamaha RX-V681, which also has musiccast. What is the easiest way to set this up as an audio sink? It looks like the “normal” audio sink functionality is missing from the Yamaha binding, and there doesn’t seem to be anything for Musiccast either.

What other kind of hack can you imagine that would make me play a sound through my yamaha connected speakers when the doorbell rings (which I already capture in a rule)?

Thanks a bunch :slight_smile:

I have a Yamaha receiver but have not hooked it into OpenHAB yet.

I suspect it would have to be left in a certain mode to be able to receive audio via DLNA or musicast…

I currently just have a raspberry pi zero running a Squeezebox client and all it does is audio notifications. Not bad for $50. If you wanted loud audio then I’d probably use the aux in on the receiver and plug the raspberry pi into that…

Hi Tommy,

To have “some” solution, I’m going to flash a Xiaomi Dafang with custom firmware and play audio files through there. It’s just that I really like the idea of “using everything available in my house”, and thus would really like to re-purpose the wired receiver installation I already have :smile: