Yamaha Binding Syncing Zones to have common source audio

Hello Openhabians.

I have been using Yamaha binding and it’s working perfect so far, but when I try to get both zones with same HDMI input it does not work, however if I use yamaha app there is a option sync Main zone audio for zone2 input. How to setup it using OH?

Define your item like ( IDs needs to be adapted to your setup ):

String  Zone2_Input  "Input [%s]"  { channel="yamahareceiver:zone:9ab0c000_f668_11de_9976_4c1b8626444e:Zone_2:zone_channels#input" }

In a rule you then can use:

sendCommand(Zone2_Input, "MAIN_ZONE_SYNC" )

I use a rule to make sure that defaults are used once the Yamaha device is turned on. This is one of the settings.

I tried something like this, but it didn’t work…I am wondering maybe a receiver configuration to allow some thing… Anyhow, thanks I will check it later

What you also can try is to setup the item for Zone2_Input. Then use the remote control to switch the input for this zone. You should be able to see this in the UI / logfiles that the input was switched.

Hi,

I have tried as you suggest but didn’t get a good results, please check my logs and I really appreciate if you or other colleagues may help me on it.

1- Changing of Input3 to MAIN_ZONE_SYNC make it back to Bluetooth. It’s a change request over my sitemap or even from paperui (control option)

2020-04-18 10:40:58.692 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item ‘Yamaha_Input3’ received command MAIN_ZONE_SYNC

2020-04-18 10:40:58.814 [nt.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - Yamaha_Input3 predicted to become MAIN_ZONE_SYNC

2020-04-18 10:40:58.828 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Yamaha_Input3 changed from Bluetooth to MAIN_ZONE_SYNC

2020-04-18 10:40:58.998 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Yamaha_Input3 changed from MAIN_ZONE_SYNC to Bluetooth

2-When I change using the yamaha app show like this on logview

2020-04-18 11:03:39.331 [me.event.ThingUpdatedEvent] - Thing ‘yamahareceiver:zone:receiver:ZoneMain’ has been updated.

2020-04-18 11:03:39.415 [me.event.ThingUpdatedEvent] - Thing ‘yamahareceiver:zone:receiver:Zone2’ has been updated.

2020-04-18 11:03:39.500 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Yamaha_Input3 changed from Bluetooth to MAIN_ZONE_SYNC

It seems that if i use the MAIN_ZONE_SYNC via openhab, in any way, it receives the command, but change the state back to the previous input.
Tried it several times and i can reproduce it.

Maybe a bug on binding?

Hi Marcel,
it looks like you are right. It’s possible to change from MAIN_ZONE_SYNC to any ( I did not test all but serveral ) other input but it’s not possible to change back to MAIN_ZONE_SYNC using Paper UI.
It is always stated here that one should use Paper UI only for adminstration and other UIs for daily usage. In case ther UIs show the same behavior then the root cause should be in the binding otherwise in the UI.

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.