Yamaha MusicCast binding revival

Hi,

could someone explain how to install this binding?
THX

You have to copy jar file to adorn, job done. Than you are able to create things and items, etc.

Hi again,

thx for the quick answer.
IMO there is no *.jar-file in this git.

If there is one, please guide me to the location :sweat_smile:

greetz

I’m using this one => https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ujc70MlB88-BuJ56V88JUnbc4DYfamhG/view?usp=sharing

This is working with general funkction for me like on/off mute volume etc. many others are read-only like input, artist, etc.

cheers
int5749

Great seems to work, thx.
:+1:

greetz

1 Like

Since 2 weeks I’m the owner of a RX-D485 with MusicCast. My brother hooked me up :smiley:
Before that I’ve read both threads and discussed current bindings with my brother. I decided to create my own binding for the following reasons

• Some features are missing, like presets
  • Logs are filled with lots of data which can give problems on certain devices (RPI, …)

Currently I have finished working on Power, Mute and Volume.
There is a separate setting to activate logging.
Next to add is

• Input selection
  • save presets to String so they can easily be copied
  • Preset selection

Playback is foreseen after the first 3 points are done.

Currently this is working on OH 2.5.5
If interested, let me know, I’m happy to share the binding. Also if you have feedback on current bindings, I’m interested. It can only help to improve my binding.

For now, I try to make things work :wink:

Cool! Good to hear work is done. I do use a lot a combination of the musiccast and yamaha receiver binding. The log filling ‘solved’ with filtering them out specifically, although it is not nice it keeps my logs clean.

I am more than happy to do some testing if you want,I do use mainly ON/Off, volume and input selection. Idea was to expand that with additional input selection to connect both speakers based on rules, but did not worked that out.

@BeanzBE I would defiantly be keen to help with testing too. I too am using the yamaha receiver binding but im looking at getting the Yamaha XDA-QS5400RK which is there quad source MusicCast streamer so it would be awesome to get a working binding.

in my current setup im using the yamaha receiver binding. I use the power, volume, source on both zones of my receiver and the party mode to sync the audio so there is no lag in sound between rooms. also Spotify and the play, pause, next and previous tracks.

Binding is available on Github. This is the very first version which is also in test by my brother. Feel free to download and give feedback.
Need to take time in the coming day(s) to update the README.

Only MAIN zone is supported at the moment.

Channels

• Power, Mute : explains it self
  • Volume : value between 0 and 100, based on setting of your device this recalculated. My max volume is 161 on the receiver
  • Input : need to copy/paste the list from the documentation. But this is hdmi1, tuner, net_radio, …
  • Preset Selection : you can save presets on net_radio/USB (these are shared). It starts from 1 to ??
  • Presets : if full logging is enabled, the presets are shown in the log.

Config
config_host : IP address of the device
config_refreshInterval : every x seconds status is refrehed
config_FullLogs : {true|false}, idea here is it to have almost no logs unless this is turned on for testing

Shortlist to do

• refresh of item after it is used so refresh interval can be set higher
  • Playback information (play/pause/next)
  • Try to find issues and solve them :wink:

In the long run

• Support multiple zones
  • Support MusicCast Link (most probably successor of party mode)
  • other feedback

I hope I did not forget anything :slight_smile:

1 Like

The included functionality is working amazingly well!

@joedirt thx for the feedback. This shows I’m going in the right direction.
Are you missing something? Except for zone support for which I must do some research.

The latest version works on OH 2.5.5 and 2.5.8 (I did an upgrade in the meantime)
Developed on JAVA8 but running on JAVA11 on my linux distro.
Tested with an RX-D485 (2 devices) and a WXA-50 . Currently testing on a WX-010.

So things to do

• Support multiple zones
  • Support MusicCast Link
  • Prepare for OH3 and hopefully have it added to the addons
2 Likes

Awesome work, yea multiple zones with the linking feature zones feature (party mode) in the yamaha binding.

Handling commands is now supporting zones however that version is not yet available. There are only 4 in the API documentation so it’s not getting too complicated.
Now working on the refresh process to support the 4 zones.
The zones are also needed for linking so needed to start with that.

that’s awesome and your progress is fantastic. im happy to help with beta builds if you want feedback.

New version with zone support available on Github
Only tested with my RX-D485 with main zone. However, the player/playback controls are part of a separate zone and this works as well, I’m kinda convinced it will work :innocent:

Thanks for testing, looking forward to the feedback.
Please mention what model you’re using, always good to mention in the README

(Will start verifying musiccast link)

How good! I’ve only just seen the update (didn’t get an email saying there was a new post) ill test it out tonight and report back.

Good job mate!!!

So after testing this latest update I can confirm that the 2nd zone on my receiver turns on and off, volume control works and so does the player controls but only if the main zone has the same source playing. if the source is different then the main zone is the one that the player controls effect.

There is a slight delay between the 2 zones if they are playing the same source. (my workaround for this is a rule that automatically turns on party mode in the Yamaha receiver binding if the sources are the same) and my avr is the RX-A860

Have you had a chance to make any progress with MusicCast link yet?

OK, let me see if I can find something there

Not sure how to tackle this one

Thanks for the info

Not really. Trying to figure out what the concept would be within the OpenHAB framework.
Any idea/suggestion is highly appreciated.

Studied the API which is clear to me.

My ideal would be adding “linked zones” for each physical zone in the source selection dropdown list. Mine would look look something like “Spotify, Apple TV, Nintendo Switch, Linked Zone 1, Linked Zone 2…” the linked zones would be acting as virtual zones. The linked zones would have their source selection dropdown list to select a source to play on all linked zones. So in my case I would have “Spotify, Apple TV and Nintendo Switch” as my available selections for each linked zone.

So if I wanted to play Spotify in the study, kitchen and outside I would select from the dropdown source selection for each of the zones linked zone 1. For the source select dropdown for linked zone 1 i would select Spotify.