Yamaha MusicCast binding revival

Hi Guys anyone working on this?? Would be great to have a link feature that the Music Cast app has to be able to link the music cast devices for whole home audio

If anyone wants to implement it Id happy to pay for it!

If anyone needs a workaround:

I am using Yamaha MusicCast Speakers as audio sinks with the SqueezeBox binding.

To get this working you have to install the Logitech Media Server (aka Squeeze Box).
Within Logitech Media Server Webinterface you are able to set up AirPlay Speakers as Audio Sinks.
From this point you can use the speakers within openhab via squeeze box binding.

Hi all,

I canā€™t manage to create the requrired jar file to be used in OpenHab :frowning:
Can someone help with the latest version? Looks smarter than the http integration

Regards
Joerg

Hi, I added the latest jar to the released in the github page. In that version I was playing with the code for playing a url on the speakers so be aware that it maybe not work as intended.

1 Like

Thanks a lot.

Iā€˜m mostly interested in getting the things to power on/off and hopefully it returns status as well so I can use that in rules. Volume is also interesting even I managed to get this working using the http Binding already, incl visu Update, but I trust itā€™s much smarter with a dedicated Binding and thing.

The rest like input, playlist etc would be great to get this added, but currently it looks like all are working on different bindings :wink: This is no complain, as I know that there is business and other topics and obviously the MusicCast/Ipenhab Community is still few people and just few of them are programmers.

Thanks!!

Hi, currently the posted binding supports power, volume, mute, changing input, playback control, and playback info. It listen for events from the speakers so the items should update if you change the values outside the binding. It also register the speakers as audio sinks. Also have initial testing for sending a URL to the speakers for playback, you can also send a second URL to queue next track. There is also some test code for selecting the zone to control.

1 Like

Sorry, I to stupid to find the jar in Git Hub or do look on wrong one :-/
Would you mind posting a link to the git / jar?
Regards and thanks upfront
Joerg

Dimmer masterWX010Volume "Speaker volume" { channel="yamahamusiccast:speaker:9ab0c000_XXX:volume" }
    Switch masterWX010Power "Speaker power" { channel="yamahamusiccast:speaker:9ab0c000_XXX:power" }
    Switch masterWX010Mute "Speaker mute" { channel="yamahamusiccast:speaker:9ab0c000_XXX:mute" }
    String masterWX010Input "Speaker input" { channel="yamahamusiccast:speaker:9ab0c000_XXX:input" }
    Player masterWX010Playback "Speaker playback" <mediacontrol> { channel="yamahamusiccast:speaker:9ab0c000_XXX:playback" }
    Image masterWX010AlbumArt "Speaker album art" { channel="yamahamusiccast:speaker:9ab0c000_XXX:albumArt" }
    String masterWX010Artist "Speaker artist" { channel="yamahamusiccast:speaker:9ab0c000_XXX:artist" }
    String masterWX010Album "Speaker album" { channel="yamahamusiccast:speaker:9ab0c000_XXX:album" }
    String masterWX010Track "Speaker " { channel="yamahamusiccast:speaker:9ab0c000_XXX:track" }
    String masterWX010AlbumArtUrl "Speaker art url" { channel="yamahamusiccast:speaker:9ab0c000_XXX:albumArtUrl" }
    String masterWX010PlayUri "Speaker play uri" { channel="yamahamusiccast:speaker:9ab0c000_XXX:playuri" }
    String masterWX010PlayUriDirect "Speaker play uri" { channel="yamahamusiccast:speaker:9ab0c000_XXX:playuriDirect" }
    String masterWX010NextUriDirect "Speaker play uri" { channel="yamahamusiccast:speaker:9ab0c000_XXX:nexturiDirect" }

Here is an example of my items file, but they can be configured from Paper UI. The link to the jar is on post #12 on this thread

1 Like

:confused: I receive the following error when trying to use this jar

22:24:26.504 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/D:/OpenHAB/addons/org.openhab.binding.yamahamusiccast-2.4.0.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.yamahamusiccast [254]
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.jdt.annotation; resolution:=ā€œoptionalā€
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.smarthome.config.discovery.upnp

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444) ~[?:?]
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:383) ~[?:?]
    at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
    at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
    at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startAllBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1221) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
    at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:515) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
    at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
    at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

Iā€™m on 2.4.0 stable version

Solved => feature:install esh-io-transport-upnp
in Karaf

Works like a charm for Power, Volume.

I didnā€™t manage to change the Input net net_radio (as I would have to select one) :confused:
Is it possible to start a specific favorite instead? Which starts to autoplay when selected?

I do use the following via http request, which works, but I like to migrate away from sending http requests.

var String httpString = ā€œā€

httpString = ā€œhttp://meineIP/YamahaExtendedControl/v1/netusb/recallPreset?zone=main&num=1ā€
val String response = sendHttpGetRequest(httpString)

Hello, nice to see some devs are working on it.
I was able to get some orders to my ysp-1600 and it works like charme .
i change the input and manage the volume and something else.
But is there any chance right now, to change the net_radio presets and the favorites ?
THANKS

Hi all - interested in running this but not sure how to setup the maven environment to build.
Iā€™m a dev - but not a java dev.

It appears it canā€™t find the openHab addon projectā€¦kind of assumed it should know how to build out of the box?

[ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]   
[ERROR]   The project org.openhab.binding:org.openhab.binding.yamahamusiccast:2.0.0-SNAPSHOT (C:\CodeOther\openhab-yamaha\org.openhab.binding.yamahamusiccast\pom.xml) has 1 error
[ERROR]     Non-resolvable parent POM for org.openhab.binding:org.openhab.binding.yamahamusiccast:2.0.0-SNAPSHOT: Could not find artifact org.openhab.binding:pom:pom:2.0.0-SNAPSHOT and 'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local POM @ line 6, column 11 -> [Help 2]

Could someone tell me how to install this binding? I am very interested as wellā€¦ :slight_smile: thanks!

Awesome work, thanks a lot for this!

I appears that the binding does not support yet my RX-A1060 amplifier (MusicCast compatible). Anything I can do to help supporting it?

Thanks!

Hi all,

This is working in general for me, but itā€˜s still strange for Artist and Track etc.
Is there any plan to include this rather soon into official distribution??

Regards,
Joerg

In addition, is someone using this with OH 2.5.x? At least with an Upgrade it seems not to work for me :-/ just got error messages when loading

In detail I do get the following error

20:37:18.207 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/D:/OpenHAB/addons/org.openhab.binding.yamahamusiccast-2.4.0.ja
r
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.yamahamusiccast [269]
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.jdt.annotation; resolution:=ā€œoptionalā€
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.smarthome.config.discovery.upnp

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444) ~[?:?]
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:383) ~[?:?]
    at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
    at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
    at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:520) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
    at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
    at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

Anyone using this on HB 2.5.x? And I canā€™t resolve with former resolution :-/