Yamahareceiver Binding problems

More like last 2 years. There are two different REST endpoints. But don’t have time to look that up atm.

Hi @dastrix80, Yes, Please send over the description XML for 3080. I can have a look to see if anything looks odd, but don’t treat this as a 100% compatibility check :slight_smile:

Thanks Tomasz. Ill get it over

Just to David’s point, if the Yamaha’s use json, why does the binding not interact with the units like this? Or does it :slight_smile:

Currently the Yamaha binding supports the XML protocol. I think @David_Graeff wanted to switch to JSON protocol at some point, but I am not sure what’s the plan here.

Older models support the XML protocol only. Newer ones support both (Music Cast is json only for example). And I thought that brand new models support json only. But that does not seem to be the case.

1 Like

Hi all,
Long time since the last message, i hope the thread/plugin is not dead :grinning:
I use this binding a lot, this would be sad if it is dead.
Anyway, i spent lot of time trying to use the “navigation_channels#***” part of the plugin … without success.
Has anyone successfully implemented “navigation_channels#navigation_select” ?
I can select the navigation menu with “navigation_channels#navigation_menu” but i cannot select it.
I use my receiver a lot to listen music from DLNA servers for example.
Secondly, is there a trick to use the function “random” when listening playlist ? I can toggle it via the Yamaha web interface bur cannot see any binding to this …

Thanks,

The issue is that all new Yamaha devices use a different protocol that what is implemented in the Addon so no one is developing on this Addon anymore.

Back a year ago, I tried get the navigation channels to work but failed mostly because of lack of time and simply gave up.

Looking at the code I’d say it requires some testing, and a bit more of work. On top of that, every device model will require some special adjustments like we did for the other features we have that I’d say are pretty stable now.