YamahaReceiver : Scheduled runnable ended with an exception

I’m running the 2.3.0 stable release and just installed the YamahaReceiver add-on following the wiki instructions.

Anyone with some knowledge on what this issue might be?

2018-06-16 11:04:14.369 [INFO ] [al.protocol.xml.DeviceInformationXML] - Zone_2 emulation enabled via Zone_B
2018-06-16 11:04:14.371 [INFO ] [al.protocol.xml.DeviceInformationXML] - Found zones: [Zone_2, Main_Zone], features: [USB, BLUETOOTH, AIRPLAY, SPOTIFY, TUNER, ZONE_B, NET_RADIO]
2018-06-16 11:04:14.417 [WARN ] [mmon.WrappedScheduledExecutorService] - Scheduled runnable ended with an exception
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
	at org.openhab.binding.yamahareceiver.handler.YamahaBridgeHandler.updateAllZoneInformation(YamahaBridgeHandler.java:166) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.yamahareceiver.handler.YamahaBridgeHandler.lambda$0(YamahaBridgeHandler.java:142) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(Unknown Source) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(Unknown Source) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknown Source) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) [?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:?]

got the same issues after upgrading to OH2.3:

2018-07-02 21:25:41.044 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler YamahaBridgeHandler of thing yamahareceiver:yamahaAV:9ab0c000_f668_11de_9976_00a0def9859c tried updating channel power although the handler was already disposed.
2018-07-02 21:25:41.054 [WARN ] [.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandler] - Handler YamahaBridgeHandler tried updating the thing status although the handler was already disposed.
2018-07-02 21:25:41.058 [WARN ] [mmon.WrappedScheduledExecutorService] - Scheduled runnable ended with an exception
	at org.openhab.binding.yamahareceiver.handler.YamahaBridgeHandler.updateAllZoneInformation(YamahaBridgeHandler.java:166) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.yamahareceiver.handler.YamahaBridgeHandler.lambda$0(YamahaBridgeHandler.java:142) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:308) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:294) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) [?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:?]

I also have some weird restarts of OH2.3 and those are the only errors i’ve seen in the logs. So it might come from this Binding. i haven’t tried uninstalling it.

Probably happening due to an update occurring while the binding is shutting down. It’s still a defect that should be reported.

I also have the same issue.

similae issue here:

2018-09-15 12:01:10.780 [WARN ] [mmon.WrappedScheduledExecutorService] - Scheduled runnable ended with an exception: 

java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "o Preset"

at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:65) ~[?:?]

at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:580) ~[?:?]

at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:615) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.yamahareceiver.internal.protocol.xml.InputWithPresetControlXML.convertToPresetNumber(InputWithPresetControlXML.java:150) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.yamahareceiver.internal.protocol.xml.InputWithPresetControlXML.update(InputWithPresetControlXML.java:116) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.yamahareceiver.handler.YamahaZoneThingHandler.lambda$0(YamahaZoneThingHandler.java:687) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]

That is not a similar issue. You should start a new thread or issue.

same error here. any news?

Hi all,

i have the same issue using kodi
I’m running the 2.4.0 stable release:

2019-03-11 15:34:35.203 [WARN ] [mmon.WrappedScheduledExecutorService] - Scheduled runnable ended with an exception:
at org.openhab.binding.kodi.internal.protocol.KodiConnection.requestPlayerPropertiesUpdate(KodiConnection.java:581) ~[?:?]
at org.openhab.binding.kodi.internal.protocol.KodiConnection.requestPlayerUpdate(KodiConnection.java:465) ~[?:?]
at org.openhab.binding.kodi.internal.protocol.KodiConnection.updatePlayerStatus(KodiConnection.java:456) ~[?:?]
at org.openhab.binding.kodi.internal.handler.KodiHandler.lambda$1(KodiHandler.java:565) ~[?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) ~[?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:308) ~[?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) ~[?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:294) ~[?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker

any news?
Regards
Stef

to be honest, i simply uninstalled then reinstalled the binding and the error seems gone.
But i’m not 100% sure it was the only thing i did, i made some minor changes when i saw the exception (i run OH on windows10 too, and i had memory issues).