Yeelight binding?

So I managed to get everything working.
The only problem I have ist that they are shown as Offline in the Paper UI.
I’ve read about a Token required for the PaperUI setup but I don’t know where I would find one.

@marcel_verpaalen i’m trying to connect my yeelight ceiling light but i’m not able to find the token, or it’s better to say that token is not preview for yeelight (as the Official Member of Yeelight official forum said to me). So it’s impossible to find automatcally the light by the inbox Papaer UI. By the npm miio i can see the ip address and the ID but the token is not present. So if I want to add manually the ligth How can I do?
Take in account that I’ve the Openahbian (openhab 2.2) on my raspberry, then the Xiaomi Smart binding that it’s working very well with the other devices, and the Yeelight binding of costerli SNAPSHOT 2.1.0 that doesn’t work (non light in the inbox), and your binding that seem to works rightly as I was been able to connect and control by token my xiaomi power strip.
Thank you and best regards

Hi,

unfortunately ceiling lights dont work at all with the yeelight binding. The led-stripes with the current firmware also not working consistently.

Only the Bulbs are working, but hey, they working realy good.

Is there any chance that someone could fix this binding?

Quick question from my side. Do people here think that it will be possible to implement support for Xiaomi eyecare desk lamp #2?

I dont know if this helps, but I found a node-red “binding” could turn on and off the lght and set color temperatur howevery it cannot change the brightness.

You can control them via

Or with command line:

It is nice to see that Yeelight binding is again in progress: https://github.com/openhab/openhab2-addons/pull/3255

Anyone, have the latest jar file about it?

My Binding isn’t working anymore…
Any suggestions which Binding I could use ?

You can use the binding hartmood switch to:

it’s in beta so you need to enable this in paper UI if you install bindings this way.

Allright, is it working with the new Yeelight firmware?
Edit: it’s not. For everyone trying to install this Binding to control Yeelights (the old Version(with 600 Lumen)), they get discovered via PaperUI, but they’re offline 24/7

Is there currently any working Yeelight Binding? :slight_smile:

Hey do you have solution meanwhile?
By now i can only turn my bulb on and off :frowning:
I see there is a Item --> String XaomiMiIODevice0531B1B587142837YeelinkLightCt2Miio87142837_ActionsCommands “Actions commands”
And i’ve got this spec from yeelight:

but I have no Idea how to send a command like this: {“id”:1,“method”:“set_power”,“params”:[“on”, “smooth”, 500]}
for me, it sounds like i need to send in one package (int, string, array[string, string, int])
I’ve tested everything without any success :confounded:

im using the Xiaomi IO Binding

you can send set_power["on", "smooth", 500] in the miio binding.
Simpler alternative is to override the model in the config to one of the model strings of device that is supported

My Yeelights are detected but offline.
Why?

you need to set the token.
Check out this:

Thank for the hint!!!
It worked for me now.

Here is my code:
Turn on/off

YeelightWhiteEsszimmer_ActionsCommands.sendCommand("set_power['on', 'smooth', 500]")
YeelightWhiteEsszimmer_ActionsCommands.sendCommand("set_power['off', 'smooth', 500]")

Set Brightness :

case YeeDimmer.state == 30: 
YeelightWhiteEsszimmer_ActionsCommands.sendCommand("set_bright[30, 'smooth', 500]")
2 Likes

And here is my udated and better solution:

Number YeeDimmer
Number YeeColor

For Brigthness

YeelightWhiteEsszimmer_ActionsCommands.sendCommand("set_bright["+YeeDimmer.state.toString+", 'smooth', 500]")

For color temprature

YeelightWhiteEsszimmer_ActionsCommands.sendCommand("set_ct_abx["+YeeColor.state.toString+", 'smooth', 500]")

Here is the sitemap:

Frame label="Dimmer"{
	Setpoint item=YeeDimmer label="" icon="light" minValue=1 maxValue=100 step=1
	Switch item=YeeDimmer label="" icon="light" mappings=[1="1",5="5",10="10",30="30",50="50",80="80",100="100"]
}
Frame label="Farbtemperatur" {
	Setpoint item=YeeColor icon="heating" minValue=1700 maxValue=6500 step=100
	Switch item=YeeColor icon="heating" mappings=[2700="2700K",3000="3000k", 3500="3500K",4000="4000K",5400="5400K",6000="6500K"]
}
3 Likes

Ive tried it with my Xiaomi Mi6 but saddly it didnt work with a random phone CLI.
Tried it with my Raspberry too, but requires Python 3.5 or higher.
The default Python version on my Pi is 2.7, after installing a higher version, nothing happened.
Am I missing something?
Thanks

Sorry dude, it was my fault. Actually i did it like here:

Its in german, in case u dont get nothing here a short guide:

You dont need any Python. I did it with java.

1. Install ADB:
    https://www.xda-developers.com/install-adb-windows-macos-linux/

2. Navigate in command prompt to your ADB folder
    3.Check if your device is connected

adb devices
  1. Then do the adb backup
adb backup -f backup.ab com.yeelight.cherry

now u should get a backup.ab file.
5.Create an ab extract(tar) with this tool:

5.1. therefore put the extracted android-backup-tookit to your adb folder
5.2 in cmd use this:

java -jar .\android-backup-tookit\android-backup-extractor\android-backup-extractor-20180203-bin\abe.jar unpack .\backup.ab backup.tar
  1. one its done u will get a tar which u can extract
  2. check the \apps\com.yeelight.cherry\sp\ folder for miot file :slight_smile:
  3. Get your token, be happy :slight_smile:

I hope it will help.

1 Like

Thanks alot!
Im German, so thats pretty precious.
Does the Token change over time? I’ve been setting up everything via Yeelight App and I have to reset and implement all Yeelights within the Mi Home App now once again.
So Would be a shame, If I had to do this all over again, If something crashes and I added them back to the Yeelight App after extracting the token.