Yeelight binding?

Ohh thanks again Marcel…
I installed the Xiaomi Home App and created an account.
Then I registered the lamp correctly.
After that i entered the same Account in the Mi IO binding but I still can’t see the lamp …

Ok Ok, im a very bored newbie…
but maybe I just had to wait
I installed a new thing with the Mi IO binding, and it’s online … I finally have my token …
The name of the lamp is yeelink.light.colora.
We have only two channels:

• Power On/Off
  • (experimental)Execute test to find supported channels
    :slight_smile:
    …it is a point to start :slightly_smiling_face:
    Tomorrow illl try to change the model in the config with yeelink.light.color1.
    Thank you very much for the support :slight_smile:

Yes, indeed I almost forgot, but the even easier way is to use the find supported channel button.
Switch it on and wait a few minutes. With little luck it finds all channels for your device.

Once you run it, it creates some files in your oh folder. You can send them to make include your device in the official build

Good morning Marcel,
it seems to me that we were lucky.
A txt file called test-yeelink.light.colora-20201210-180246 was created,
How do I send it to the community? Or can I publish the text here?

You can post it here or send it with a forum pm to me.

ok, you have a pm…
Thanks Marcel :slight_smile:

Hi all,
I understand that yeelight removed the “LAN control” option for many devices with their new firmwares (at least my color bulb).
Therefore the binding does not work anymore.
Any tips or information to correct this? (i didnt find any information to downgrade firmware)

Hello, I have linked an unsupported Xiaomi bulb (yeelink.light.color5). I ran the testcommands and it created a database file ({ "deviceMapping": { "id": [ "yeelink.light.color5" ], - Pastebin.com), but I still can’t set the bulb color with the channel “rgbColor”, how can I proceed?

I do have the same bulb but it works fine for me. My database file seems to be equal to yours (I don’t have an actual diff as I’m on my phone right now).
I assume you have configured your thing to use this created database file?

No, how can I do that? I dont find any place to point the thing to the db path.

For once the database file should be already located in conf/misc/miio but you can double check that.

I’m not 100% sure how I set this up but I think I created a new thing manually with basic device type (make sure to copy the device ID and toke from the thing you already have. The binding should then automatically use the db file you created earlier.

Database path is /etc/openhab/misc/miio/yeelink.light.color5-experimental.json

I have tried your suggestion but the channels tab is empty. Before this, I deleted the original thing, is that right?

Your path differs from the one in my installation. Try to move the misc/miio folder to the conf directory (please double check that there is nothing else in there or create corresponding folders and copy the db file).

The path was generated automatically after I ran the testcommands channel.

I think I figured it out, I tried with “miio:unsupported” and now it shows 6 channels (power, brightness, shutdown timer, color temperature, color mode, rgb color) and they seem to work with the linked items.

Thank you!

Good that it’s working for you. For some reason for me it does work as well as described above :man_shrugging:

Hi, @donRay
Suggest to try to override the model with yeelink.light.color1 in the thing config and give it a try.
This has a very good chance for success. let me know how that works out.

I tried with color4 and it also worked perfectly. I just wanted to try the auto detection feature and since this worked as well I left it as it was afterwards.

Hi,
is the binding working with newer lamps for example Arwen 450s?