"You are currently using the "stable" openHABian environment version. I will ONLY work with openHAB version 2."

Hi. I’m just a beginner openHABber, so please be patient with me. :slight_smile:

On my raspi, I have installed openHABian (openHABian configuration tool version: [stable]patchday-20210119-1116(5e807c0)) and openHAB 3 (version 3.0.1). When I openhabian-config, it recommends me to install updates but then tells me the following:

openHABian version

You are currently using the “stable” openHABian environment version. I will ONLY work with openHAB version 2.
If you want to run openHAB 3 you need to switch to the “openHAB3” branch. If that’s your intent better let the upgrade function do it for

• openHAB3 recommended standard version of openHABian (openHAB 3)
  • main very latest version of openHABian (openHAB 3)
  • stable old version of openHABian (openHAB 2)
  • master old development version of openHABian (openHAB 2)

I am unsure what this does mean in plain English. Do I still have openHABian 2 installed on my system? If yes, how easy or complicated/time-consuming, and how error-prone would it be to update openHABian to version 3?

I would like to update to take advantage of some recent fixes for the Google Assistant connection. Thank you so much in advance!

Select openHAB3 recommended version.
This will ensure that you get latest updates related to openHABIAN which is a UI to get easier access to the linux configuration for endusers.
During startup of openhabian-config the software connects to the internet / github and download latest version of the openhabian-config tool set.
You should see that in the about menu entry resp. in the terminal header showing the updated version then.

Thank you, so I should not expect any major migration problems or breaking changes with this update?

correct.

1 Like

Thank you, apparently it has worked!

1 Like