Z-stick acting up

I believe the whole process needs to be completed within 15 seconds too.

Yep. And if you fail it’s included unsecurely (ie unusable) and you need to reset factory to try again. I wonder if that part gets easier with the new SmartStart stuff?

I do not know but I do not believe the binding supports that. I know Chris wants to rewrite it. the binding was based on reverse engineering device behaviour and the official specifications should be available soon.

Just a quick wrap-up and report back on this. It ended with me buying a Z-Stick Gen5+ and I have now migrated over all my nodes. For some reason excluding from the old stick using OH didn’t work so for every node I had to stop the binding, pull the stick out and exclude using Z-Wave PC Controller on my laptop.

As for my only security device I actually decided to get rid of it since my wife hated it anyway. For anyone interested it’s on sale here.

Well, anyway, now after having used the new controller for some days I realize that my old controller must always have been broken. I kinda thought it was normal for devices to sometimes ignore me trying to turn them on or off… My entire Z-Wave network just works soooo much better now!

Now if only the strange crash bugs in OH forcing me to restart it a couple a times per week (discussed in other threads around here), I’ll have the best working home automation I’ve ever had! :star_struck:

1 Like