Z-TRM2fx device database update

zwave
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f0152cbbd58>

(Willem van Asperen) #21

stuff is happening, look: https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/980

(Chris Jackson) #22

Sorry about the lack of response here.

I just had a look - the non-multichannel association groups should be fine - I think that’s what is in the database now (although there are 5 groups in the database, and only 4 listed in the manual, so this should be checked).

Depending on exactly how this device works, there is a small chance that we may have some problems with reports. This is a pretty messy area of ZWave that has evolved relatively quickly and there are multiple definitions in the ZWave standards, and even more ways of implementing it! Currently the binding / database doesn’t support associations in endpoints other than the root, so if there is a problem, then I will need to look at this - so far though all devices have been configurable through the root association groups, so hopefully we’ll be ok here as well :slight_smile:

So, bottom line - make sure the groups are configured as per the non-multichannel definitions and let’s see if there are any issues, and also let’s see what channels are the ones that report.

Let me know how it goes…

Cheers
Chris

(Christoffer Hirth Aune) #23

Sorry for a week without any updates…

I updated the associations according to manual now.
I left the endpoints unchanged, except from adding label to distinguish which sensor is floor and air. I guess the rest of the data under endpoints are automatically generated from the zwave .xml file?

Once a new version is built with this included I can test it here. My understanding is that this is done using a .jar built from the development branch, is this available from some CI server? I could not find the link.

(Ole Morten Rønning) #24

I believe the development branch of the Z-wave binding is terminated. It now goes straight into the SNAPSHOT.
Right @chris ?

(Scott Rushworth) #25

(Chris Jackson) #26

I’m not sure if this got added before the system went down or if it’s waiting in the current PR - hopefully the CI will get resolved some time soon…