Z-TRM2fx device database update

I checked Build 20190123 now.

Device is recognized correct, options looking good, Temperature2 and Temperature3 working correct.

Some channels came immediately, but after 10 hours still empty. Over night there came all channels with 4 at the end again, all again double. kwh4 still showes the voltage

To help get this comfortable working alle Informations I could get together:
After Including came following channels:

Electric meter (volts)

meter_voltage
OK, shows Voltage N L of Device Input

Electric meter (kWh)

meter_kwh
OK, seems to show Usage of Device

Electric meter (watts)

meter_watts
OK, seems to show Usage of Device

Thermostat mode

thermostat_mode
OK, can set Off, Eco, Heat and Cooling, all tested

Setpoint (cooling)

thermostat_setpoint_cooling
OK, shows Setpoint für Cooling-Mode

IMPORTANT/WISH: Channel to Change Cooling-Setpoint (Parameter 11)

Setpoint (furnace)

thermostat_setpoint_furnace
NaN / null after days! Not need it when noch used by device

Setpoint (heating)

thermostat_setpoint_heating
OK, shows Setpoint für Heating-Mode or Eco Mode, depends on Mode!

IMPORTANT/WISH: Two Input-Channel to Change Heating-Setpoints (Eco: Parameter 10, Heating Parameter 9)

Thermostat mode 1

thermostat_mode1
Works, but double of thermostat_mode

Setpoint (cooling) 1

thermostat_setpoint_cooling1
Works, but double of thermostat_setpoint_cooling

Setpoint (furnace) 1

thermostat_setpoint_furnace1
Double and Allways NaN/null like thermostat_setpoint_furnace

Setpoint (heating) 1

thermostat_setpoint_heating1
Works, but double of setpoint_heating

External sensor

sensor_temperature2
Ok, works fine

Floor sensor

sensor_temperature3
Ok, works fine

Switch 4

switch_binary4
without function, without sense, Can’t find anything happens when Switch Status changed, Could do with device everything and switch don’t changes

Electric meter (volts) 4

meter_voltage4
No Value after hours! (NaN / null), maybe should show output Voltage?, could be useful, but didn’t work. not needed as a copy of meter_voltage, but think this should be outgoing voltage. Could not see the Database, but looks like Value should be here is send in meter_kwh4

Electric meter (kWh) 4

meter_kwh4
Gots Values like 240,3 when economy heating went on, goes back to 0,0, then 237, and so else. Seems like Two different values were given to this field:

2019-01-26 00:56:14.736 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - ZWaveNode003ZTRM2fxFloorThermostat_ElectricMeterKWh4 changed from 242 to 0
2019-01-26 00:56:20.308 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - ZWaveNode003ZTRM2fxFloorThermostat_ElectricMeterKWh4 changed from 0 to 242
2019-01-26 00:56:35.417 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - ZWaveNode003ZTRM2fxFloorThermostat_ElectricMeterKWh4 changed from 242 to 242.1
2019-01-26 00:56:35.566 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - ZWaveNode003ZTRM2fxFloorThermostat_ElectricMeterKWh4 changed from 242.1 to 0
2019-01-26 00:57:20.950 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - ZWaveNode003ZTRM2fxFloorThermostat_ElectricMeterKWh4 changed from 0 to 242.2
2019-01-26 00:58:06.461 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - ZWaveNode003ZTRM2fxFloorThermostat_ElectricMeterKWh4 changed from 242.2 to 242.5
2019-01-26 00:58:06.609 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - ZWaveNode003ZTRM2fxFloorThermostat_ElectricMeterKWh4 changed from 242.5 to 0
2019-01-26 00:58:21.592 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - ZWaveNode003ZTRM2fxFloorThermostat_ElectricMeterKWh4 changed from 0 to 242.4
2019-01-26 00:58:24.621 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - ZWaveNode003ZTRM2fxFloorThermostat_ElectricMeterKWh4 changed from 242.4 to 0
2019-01-26 00:58:44.551 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - ZWaveNode003ZTRM2fxFloorThermostat_ElectricMeterKWh4 changed from 0 to 242.4
2019-01-26 00:58:44.699 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - ZWaveNode003ZTRM2fxFloorThermostat_ElectricMeterKWh4 changed from 242.4 to 0
2019-01-26 00:59:04.146 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - ZWaveNode003ZTRM2fxFloorThermostat_ElectricMeterKWh4 changed from 0 to 242.4
2019-01-26 00:59:04.294 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - ZWaveNode003ZTRM2fxFloorThermostat_ElectricMeterKWh4 changed from 242.4 to 0
2019-01-26 00:59:21.495 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - ZWaveNode003ZTRM2fxFloorThermostat_ElectricMeterKWh4 changed from 0 to 242.4
2019-01-26 00:59:21.644 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - ZWaveNode003ZTRM2fxFloorThermostat_ElectricMeterKWh4 changed from 242.4 to 0
2019-01-26 00:59:23.825 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - ZWaveNode003ZTRM2fxFloorThermostat_ElectricMeterKWh4 changed from 0 to 242.4
2019-01-26 01:00:23.768 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - ZWaveNode003ZTRM2fxFloorThermostat_ElectricMeterKWh4 changed from 242.4 to 0
2019-01-26 01:00:23.909 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - ZWaveNode003ZTRM2fxFloorThermostat_ElectricMeterKWh4 changed from 0 to 242.2
2019-01-26 01:01:23.920 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - ZWaveNode003ZTRM2fxFloorThermostat_ElectricMeterKWh4 changed from 242.2 to 0
2019-01-26 01:01:24.130 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - ZWaveNode003ZTRM2fxFloorThermostat_ElectricMeterKWh4 changed from 0 to 242.3

Electric meter (watts) 4

meter_watts4
Could be useful if switched device / Heating Usage. While testing I had no electric user behind Thermostat, not needed as a double, but great if for Heating Usage.

Two other things would be great: Dimmed State (Param15/17) and active brighness (16/18) for Parameter To Switch off Lights in Childrens room by night, something like that.

I now it’s a lot of Work for you to read, to support and to code. Hope this analyses helps you.

This is a config parameter, already available:
grafik

Same:

Unlink the channel from your items if you don’t need it.

This channel was reported from the device, so we should leave it as it is. If you have no usecase don’t use it.

Check the manual.

Check the manual to see what the value means.

Already available:

I know the manual, but because of database entry things not work if you look at kwh4 and voltage. But any try to search and give you information make you a lot of work to answer and there is a: it’s all right, just read the manuals in there. Maybe I’m new with openhab and there is no channel needed to comfortable change it when got a dashboard working. But I m not stupid.

Voltage should show voltage if you red the manual and in kwh4 there comes allways a couple of values 0 (kwh) and 240 (voltage) next Same field. But I ll shut up now, sorry.

I did not want to offend you, sorry.
I will send a PM in our native German language to make things clearer :grinning:

Thanks a lot for testing this! If I understand you correctly you want a (2) channels for brightness. Im pretty sure @OMR did that for z-trm2, and I can do the same for z-trm2fx :slight_smile:

More Important is, voltage from Device sets Channel voltage

@JensH I just added two config parameters:

• Cooling mode setpoint (param 11)
  • Display brightness - dimmed (param 17)

Two other were already added, but not visible in paperui (is it the same for you?):

• Energy Saving Mode Setpoint (param 10)
  • Heating mode setpoint (Comfort) (param 9)

Is it really necessary to have “active” and “button” brightness as a channel? This only applies when button is pressed by user and should not affect e.g. sleep? (I mean, if you are pressing it you are certainly not sleeping anyway.) Feel free to disagree and we can change it, I’m just trying to avoid too many channels.

Further, I agree we should remove “thermostat_setpoint_furnace”, “switch_binary4”, and the four duplicates in endpoint 1. @chris How do I remove a channel?

When it comes to Electric meter 4 (watts/kwh/volt), these seem to make sense on my device. These three show similar values as the Electric meters in endpoint 0, but not exactly the same. Could it be that one of them measures on the electric line in, and the other on the line out to floor? I will monitor these a couple of days to see what makes sense.

If I’m missing something, let me know. :slight_smile:

The setpoints heating and comfort made by SiHui, because setpoint changes behavior depend on device mode.

Cooling setpoint not necessary, because there is allready a channel only for this mode. That setpoints behavior is stable and can be used.

The active dimmed state is not needed, you are right. But dimmed and dimmed buttons are different parameters. Dimmed display is only for display of temperature, the buttons up, down and enter can be dimmed separatly.

Endpoint 1 is the device itself, you are right, endpoint 4 should be the output, then they are needed too. But my endpoint4 kwh gots values like 238 (voltage?) and maybe it had allready been corrected in database.

Let’s wait and I’ll test with one of the newer snapshots

Until today I m only testing and don’t have a user behind the device :wink:

You need to wait for the changes to get merged into the binding, then upgrade to the latest zwave snapshot, then delete the thing and readd it.

You are absolutely right, but I just wasn’t aware that these were changed by you recently. Appreciate your efforts. :slight_smile:

You can’t. Put “delete” into the label field and during review it will get deleted.

1 Like

Couple of hours ago :grinning:

Where does the “Setpoint furnace” channel actually come from?
There is nothing like it on the device itself (in the menus), it is not mentioned in the official device manual, and I do not see it in configuration-descriptions for for ex. HomeSeer either.
According to the manual, the thermostat should have setpoints for the three mode it supports: heating, cooling, and energy saving (eco).

By the way, things are similar for v1 of the thermostat with fw 1.92, i.e. there is a channel “Setpoint furnace” there that does not seem to correspond to anything on the thermostat. The difference from v2fx is that the “Setpoint heating” always shows setpoint for heating, so there is currently no way to access the setpoint for eco mode (as far as I can see) :frowning:.

I have deleted “binary switch 4”, “setpoint furnace 1”, “thermostat mode” and the three thermostat_setpoints for endpoint 0.
I have also verified that the thermostat_setpoint and the thermostat_mode for endpoint 1 are updated when I change settings manually on the device. “thermostat_setpoint (heating)” shows the setpoint for the currently selected mode (CO or ECO).

@mkaut You should then soon have “Setpoint (Cooling)”, “Energy Saving Mode Setpoint (ECO)”, and “Heating mode setpoint (Comfort)” that applies to the three different modes, irrespective of which mode is currently selected.

@JensH It is strange that MeterKWh shows voltage for you. For me both MeterKWh and MeterKWh4 have been increasing monotonic since yesterday from 214 to 224, every time by step 0.1.

1 Like

I’ll test again in a few days, maybe differences in snappoint versions and laste changes not at my system today made the change. I ll give a feedback here

That’s a good news, thanks a lot. :smile:
Do I assume correctly that “soon” applies only if I use the latest development snapshot? And if so, is there some place where I can always find it? I tried searching the forums, but found only fixed links to specific files (versions), but no place where I could go and grab the latest snapshot…

Quite a lot of changes :grinning:
As you seem to be a power user of this device I have approved it.

No. There is no development version anymore, it got merged into the master branch.
After the changes of the database got merged into the binding (takes a little bit longer this time as the developer is on holidays), you need to upgrade to the latest 2.5 snapshot zwave binding (probably in a week)

https://ci.openhab.org/job/openHAB2-Bundles/modules

@sihui Thanks for the info.
Possibly a stupid question, but just to be sure: can I stay on the stable openHAB 2.4 and only upgrade the Z-wave binding (from the link at ci.openhab.org), or do I need to upgrade the whole openHAB, i.e. switch to the development version?

Yes.

No.

There is no development version anymore! A simplified statement: call it snapshot now :grinning: