Z-Wave 1.9 binding with OH2

Hi there,

I’ve migrated today from OH1 to OH2 running on a RPi3.

I do use the Z-Wave 1.9 binding because for the start i want not to change my Z-Wave items.

Except for one item everything seems to work well. But for this specific item (a Danfoss LC13 thermostat) i get no values in the BasicUI.

Follwing item config:

Number  z_Bad_Hzg_Sollwert     "Heizung (Sollwert) [%.2f C]" <heating>  (gFF)  { zwave="6:command=THERMOSTAT_SETPOINT" }
Number  z_Bad_Hzg_Batterie     "Batterie [%d %%]" <battery> (gFF, Battery) { zwave="6:command=BATTERY" }

In the openhab.log i get following entries:

pi@openhab2:~ $ cat /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log | grep 'Z-Wave'
2016-12-10 19:43:38.643 [INFO ] [ve.internal.protocol.ZWaveController] - Starting Z-Wave controller
2016-12-10 19:43:38.644 [INFO ] [ve.internal.protocol.ZWaveController] - Z-Wave timeout is set to 5000ms. Soft reset is false.
2016-12-10 19:43:41.881 [ERROR] [ve.internal.protocol.ZWaveController] - Exception during Z-Wave thread: Input.

It seems to me that HABmin is only working with the Z-Wave 2.0 binding. Is there any possibility to get infos about my Z-Wave devices using the 1.9 binding with OH2?

Answering myself: the problem was most likely a connection issue because the thermostat worked when i moved it closer to the Z-Wave USB stick.

Anyway I’ve migrated the Z-Wave binding to the 2.0 version and linked the “Things” to my items using the HABmin interface. Can someone tell me in which config file the configuration of HABmin is saved? Because i could not find any files in the items/ or things/ file?

This depends on the OH2 version you are using…

Former versions (beta 4 or snapshot versions prior to #624) are using mapdb to store the data. The most recent snapshots of OH2 are using jsondb.

In mapdb you can’t “have a look” at the data, it’s not human-readable. The json files are readable (and can be modified). See this thread: