Z-Wave Alarm Class V3

ok will do a log asap :wink:

yes like habmin1 was best because it was just a clear state for the user. however also some help texts in habmin2 would help to understand stuff like this :slight_smile:
so talking about wakeup intervall ā€¦ its not enough that the device is talking to oh2 (like sensor updates on temp and stuff)? wakeup intervall is something different?

but to be honest there are other things in zwave2 that trouble me more :wink:

1. non persitent item states ā€¦ this issue applies for all Motion / Door / Window alarms

2. sensor binary for door / window / motion devices reports as On Off and no way to change it

3. when i change door/window sensors from ā€œswitchā€ to ā€œcontactā€ the log does not show an update of that sensor at allā€¦ however the odd thing: still it updateds on / off on the UI when I open / close that door (magic?) ā€¦ so I can ignore that issue :wink: its just strange

No - wakeup is different (I think this is detailed on the Z-Wave wiki, but I will try and find some time to write some more information about how things work at some stage). Basically though, the wakeup is sent periodically, and openHAB can only send request TO the device when it receives the wakeup since the wakeup notification tells OH that the device can now RECEIVE for the next few seconds.

1. Iā€™ll look at the update of states when I get a chance.
  2. On/Off status was based on the definitions in ESH. As per another discussion, I can now ignore these and it looks like in the future there might be more chance to improve this. However, as stated in the thread you reference, ESH should already show open/closed if the translations that are in the binding work correctly (but this is nothing to do with the binding so I donā€™t think I can do too much).
  3. As stated elsewhere, ESH currently does not allow you to change the item type - really - donā€™t try - it doesnā€™t work! If you set an item that is not consistent with how the binding is providing the data, then you will not get any data. Thereā€™s no way around this in the current ESH so please just donā€™t try. You might think you can set it since the UI allows items to be set to anything, but if itā€™s not what the binding has already defined, then itā€™s not going to work - sorry.

thanks !!!

I opened an issue for ESHā€¦ lets see what happens

ahh thats new to me ā€¦ didnā€™t read that somewhere. just read the confirmation from Kai that Door / Windows should be contact and just switched in in habminā€¦ very tempting drop down menu :wink:
good to know

Where? I canā€™t see it. Iā€™m interested in what youā€™re actually requesting?

Ok - it was discussed between me and Kai in the thread you referenced above (about mapping).

oops you are rightā€¦ closed it at the wrong place and copy / pasted here:

well I guess I donā€™t understand everything the pros say :wink:

No probs :sunglasses:.

Iā€™ve now added a new channel type so you can have a contact type if you update the device in the database :slight_smile:.

No worries, I meant you can see in de debug log if pending changes are pushed to the zwave device. When I was testing this I never waited on the wakeup, but pushed the button and checked the log. Sometimes several clicks where necessary I onder for the zw100 to wake up and receive the new conf parameters.

mhh
updated binding
removed z110
ā†’ does not show up again in discovery

EDIT !! DID NOW SHOW UP. JUST TOOK LONGER ā€¦ NORMALLY THEY COME INSTANTLY AS THEY ARE STILL BOUND TO THE ZWAVE STICK.

No - thatā€™s not correct. Iā€™ve said somewhere that they only show up after the initial discovery is done - basically after the manufacturer information is known. For a battery device, this will take time unless you wake it up manuallyā€¦

I did send you a PM with a link for a full startup log of my OH2
e.g. NODE 11 definately has different parameters then shown in habmin2 after ā€œreadbackā€

Thereā€™s no node 11 initialisation during the log you sent. I guess itā€™s a battery device, and itā€™s not woken up. In this case, OH will show the value you last set, but this might not be the same as the binding set (if that makes sense)ā€¦

If you set a value, but the device doesnā€™t wake up, then the OH version of the config will show the value you set, but if the device hasnā€™t woken up, then it wonā€™t have been transmitted to the device - so they will be out of sync if you restart OH at this timeā€¦

Iā€™m not saying that is the issue, but since the device hasnā€™t woken up, I dont really know whatā€™s going onā€¦

Well OK i will try to wake it up during Startup.
However i Set wakeup intervall on few minutes for that Device but itā€™s not being updated to the current/correct parameters in habmin2 for at least 2 days now.

Readback takes place on startup or any Wakeup right?

It is performed on all devices when the binding starts. For mains powered devices, this happens straight away - for battery devices, it will happen after the device wakes up next.

@chris

regarding this topic:
When I look on the default ā€œHOMEā€ Sitemap in Habmin2 ā€¦ the values do show ā€œpersistentā€.
When I copy the Items from the ā€œChannelsā€ on the sitemap that problem occurs.
Can you tell me how the HOME thing is populated and how can I e.g. see the item name used for an entry there?

Sorry - I donā€™t understand what you mean by this?

Sorry, I donā€™t know - itā€™s generated within ESH or OH - Iā€™m not sure though as Iā€™ve not tried to find it.

@chris

Ok I think that response to the issue is the reason for non persistent values. Since I did not manually overrule something from the binding and just use the items as provided it might be something you need to know?

I had exactly the same problem .
Device state (in my case a dimmer) was updated correctly while i was on the actual page
Reentering the page or refresh does not show the actual state.
Reason:
The update state from the binding was not accepted by ESH but the state was still forwarded to the Basic-UI (I used DECIMAL type instead of PERCENTAGE type to update the state).
my sugestion: switch karaf to debug mode and check if there is a DEBUG message after you change the state of your device.

That seems very strange - so ESH is updating the item only on the webpage, but itā€™s apparently doesnā€™t ā€˜accept itā€™. I didnā€™t think thatā€™s how the system works - it should receive the state updates, and then update the state on the message bus, and at this time the UI would also be updatedā€¦

@kai - is this possible?

@shorty707, if it is correct, then it means your item is using the wrong type, so you can simply fix this by using the correct item type canā€™t you?

hi chris,
do you mean in Habmin change the item type or generate manually a item of that device in items file?
as I understood you before I cannot change that item type actually?? I took the item directly from habmin with your copy+paste function (that small icon the appears on mouse over)

If you can give me a hint what I should try to verify I would do and let you know whats the resultā€¦

the only thing I can say for sure is that its exactly as that guy desribed it in the issue I opened:

lets wait for kai to answer aswell :slight_smile:

This is clearly the way how it works, yes.

Well, you can change the item type - by this, I mean the UI allows you to set any type you want. But if you use one that it not compatible with the state the binding is sending, then you will get an error. This is known and something Iā€™ve said before (I think we already discussed this).

The item should be set as per the channel type in the database, but I donā€™t know what channel we are talking about or anything so I canā€™t comment much moreā€¦ If you have a look on my database site, there is a list of channel types, and this lists the allowed item typeā€¦