Z-Wave Binding: No status update from Fibaro Roller Shutter 3 FGR223

Here the item definitions for a RS3:

Rollershutter		LIV_Jalousie_SR_Schalter	"Jalousie Wohnzimmer Süd Rechts [%.0f]"		<blinds>	(F3_Wohnen, gZWave, gJalousie)		{channel="zwave:device:e3f38fb6:node17:blinds_control"}
Number			LIV_Jalousie_SR_Verbrauch	"Jalousie WZ SR Verbrauch [%.1f kW/h]"		<energy>	(F3_Wohnen, gZWave, gJalousie)		{channel="zwave:device:e3f38fb6:node17:meter_kwh"}
Number			LIV_Jalousie_SR_Leistung	"Jalousie WZ SR Leistung [%.1f Watt]"		<energy>	(F3_Wohnen, gZWave, gJalousie)		{channel="zwave:device:e3f38fb6:node17:meter_watts"}
Number			LIV_Jalousie_SR_Scene		"Jalousie WZ SR Scene [%.0f]"			<blinds>	(F3_Wohnen, gZWave, gJalousie)		{channel="zwave:device:e3f38fb6:node17:scene_number"}
Switch			LIV_Jalousie_SR_Alarm_Strom	"Überstromalarm: Jalousie WZ SR [%s]"		<alarm>		(F3_Wohnen, gZWave, gJalousie)		{channel="zwave:device:e3f38fb6:node17:alarm_power"}
Switch			LIV_Jalousie_SR_Alarm_System	"Systemalarm: Jalousie WZ SR [%s]"		<alarm>		(F3_Wohnen, gZWave, gJalousie)		{channel="zwave:device:e3f38fb6:node17:alarm_system"}
Rollershutter		LIV_Jalousie_SR_Schalter1	"Jalousie Wohnzimmer Süd Rechts [%.0f]"		<blinds>	(F3_Wohnen, gZWave, gJalousie)		["WindowCovering"] {channel="zwave:device:e3f38fb6:node17:blinds_control1"}
Number			LIV_Jalousie_SR_Verbrauch1	"Jalousie WZ SR Verbrauch 1 [%.1f kW/h]"	<energy>	(F3_Wohnen, gZWave, gJalousie)		{channel="zwave:device:e3f38fb6:node17:meter_kwh1"}
Number			LIV_Jalousie_SR_Leistung1	"Jalousie WZ SR Leistung 1 [%.1f Watt]"		<energy>	(F3_Wohnen, gZWave, gJalousie)		{channel="zwave:device:e3f38fb6:node17:meter_watts1"}
Switch			LIV_Jalousie_SR_Alarm_Strom1	"Überstromalarm: Jalousie WZ SR 1 [%s]"		<alarm>		(F3_Wohnen, gZWave, gJalousie)		{channel="zwave:device:e3f38fb6:node17:alarm_power1"}
Switch			LIV_Jalousie_SR_Alarm_System1	"Systemalarm: Jalousie WZ SR 1 [%s]"		<alarm>		(F3_Wohnen, gZWave, gJalousie)		{channel="zwave:device:e3f38fb6:node17:alarm_system1"}
Rollershutter		LIV_Jalousie_SR_Schalter2	"Lamellen Wohnzimmer Süd Rechts [%.0f]"		<blinds>	(F3_Wohnen, gZWave, gJalousie)		{channel="zwave:device:e3f38fb6:node17:blinds_control2"}

The …Schalter (Switch) controls the up and down, but I never use it in rules or the sitemap. It seams to be the same as Switch1
The …Schalter1 (Switch 1) controls the up and down of the blinds
The …Schalter2 (Switch 2) controls the tilt of the lamellas, if you have venetian blinds

Hi Roland, hi Chris,

strange - I tried the same but for me it didn’t work. The device does not send any regular updates of position neither on “blinds_control” nor on “blinds_control1”.
It only sends position shortly after receiving a command or after it gets explicitly polled.

As a sidenote: I got this FGR-223 only working since I healed my network so often such that the FGR-223 is now connected directly with the controller. When it was connected only indirectly via the mesh, nothing wanted to work properly, not even configuration updates.

Regards,
Stefan D.

Hi Stefan,

did you try to activate DEBUG log to see which updates are being sent on which channels?
Here’s how to do so: https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/openhab/5-zwave-debugging-openhab
Also the Log Viewer at https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/openhab/zwave-log-viewer is very helpful for understanding the log messages.

Cheers,
Roland

Hi, I’ve the same issue but changing to blinds_control1 doesn’t help …

12:44:53.020 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemCommandEvent ] - Item ‘shutter_bad_julie’ received command 0
12:44:53.024 [INFO ] [arthome.event.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - shutter_bad_julie predicted to become 0
12:44:53.048 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - shutter_bad_julie changed from 100 to 0
12:44:54.751 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - shutter_bad_julie changed from 0 to 94

Rollershutter shutter_bad_julie “Julie Rolluik Bad [%d %%]” {channel=“zwave:device:e6a56118:node5:blinds_control1”}

OH 2.5.4, Raspian, frg-223 FW5.1

I have had the same issue with my roller shutters fgr223 with firmware 5.1 (openHAB 2.5.4-1). After I changed the channel to blinds_control1 now the position is returned without problem when I operate manually via the physical switches. Perfect.

The problem is that when I press the up or down buttons in basic ui the device gets polled much too quickly after the command is sent. The movement is not yet finished. I can not alter the Command Poll Period. It is fixed to 1500 ms.

My office shutter manages only 9% of the way in those 1,5 seconds. You can see that at 14:00:33.721 the predicted value is set, and at 14:00:35.308 after 1500 ms the device is polled and this value is set. The movement is not completed though, so this value is not the final position.

2020-05-25 14:00:33.682 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item 'GF_Office_Shutter' received command UP

2020-05-25 14:00:33.701 [nt.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - GF_Office_Shutter predicted to become UP

2020-05-25 14:00:33.721 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - GF_Office_Shutter changed from 100 to 0 

2020-05-25 14:00:35.308 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - GF_Office_Shutter changed from 0 to 91

What I did is disable the Command Poll Period altogether, then the predicted value is kept. It would be nice to be able to give a reasonable time here though, depending on what you are controlling. I have a big awning that I also control with a fgr223, and it takes almost half a minute to fully deploy.

I put the Polling Period to the shortest possible time, which is 10 minutes. So latest after 10 minutes actual position and set value should align again.

I did the same here. The Fibaro Rollershutter seem to be a bit stupid, since the Command Poll Period is kicking when movement has started rather than when movement has ended, which would make much more sense in this case.
I “fixed” that by disabling the Command Poll Period by setting it to 0 like you did.