Z-Wave binding throws error in logfile and does not update state

Hi all,

i do use the Everspring ST814 Temp/Humidity Z-Wave sensor in my openHAB installation.

The sensor does only once updating his state after the restart of openHAB. When the temperature is changing on the display of the sensor there is no update of the item’s value in openHAB,

In the logfile i only can identify one error but it refers to Node 6 which is a Danfoss LC13 thermostat (Node 5 is the sensor):

2016-10-18 09:19:30.839 [WARN ] [.o.b.z.i.p.c.ZWaveCommandClass] - NODE 6: Unsupported command class CLIMATE_CONTROL_SCHEDULE
2016-10-18 09:19:30.847 [ERROR] [ApplicationCommandMessageClass] - NODE 6: Unsupported command class CLIMATE_CONTROL_SCHEDULE (0x46)

My Z-Wave items in the *.items file look like this:

Number z_Sensor_Temperatur_Flur  "Temperatur [%.1f °C]" <temperature> (gFF) {zwave="5:command=sensor_multilevel,sensor_type=1" }
Number z_Sensor_Luftfeuchte_Flur "Luftfeuchtigkeit [%.0f %%]" <humidity> (gFF) { zwave="5:command=sensor_multilevel,sensor_type=5" }
Number z_Batterie_Sensor_Flur "Batterie [%.0f %%]" <battery> (gFF)  { zwave="5:command=battery" }
Number  z_Bad_Hzg_Sollwert     "Heizung (Sollwert) [%.2f C]" <heating>  (gFF)  { zwave="6:command=THERMOSTAT_SETPOINT" }
Number  z_Bad_Hzg_Batterie     "Batterie [%d %%]" <battery> (gFF) { zwave="6:command=BATTERY" }

What is going wrong?

Hi,

the error log of the Danfoss is pretty normal (I do have the same), as the mentioned command class simply isn’t (yet) supported by OpenHAB. The device is nevertheless functional.

When I take a look at the device database (www.cd-jackson.com) for the Everspring device, there is a configuration parameter 7 which indicates, if a temperature change is reported or not. And the default value is “disable”. So you could check if this is the reason?!

Furthermore you could set the log level to DEBUG and see what the device reports.

Thx, i’ve checked this issue at http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/31 and it really seems that the autochange function is set to disabled by default.

As i’m a totally newbie with Z-Wave, how can i change this setting with openHAB?

The defaults shown in the database should be from the manufacturer. The binding doesn’t currently update the configuration, other than to set the wakeup configuration, and association groups that are defined in the database.

This is something I’d like to add to the database, but it’s not quite so simple as there are often multiple ways to configure a device. My goal at some stage in future is to provide a kind of configuration set that can be used depending on the different ways a device can be used, but this will be a little while off…

In the meantime, you need to read the manual and configure the devices - sorry…

The other thing to look at is to make sure that associations are properly configured since this is often the cause of devices not reporting updates.

Hello Uli

Which OH Version do you have installed (1.x or OH2)?
Have you installed HABmin?
If yes, you can configure the parameters in the HABmin…

Regards
Michael

OK got that.

I have running OH 1.8.3 with HABmin on my RPi1. I have to check out how i can change the configuration parameters with HABmin.