Z-Wave Binding - what is the procedure for moving back to a newer release binding after testing a snapshot?

A few weeks ago I made some changes to the Z-Wave Database for a couple of devices and tested these using a Z-Wave binding snapshot. i.e. snapshot JAR file in /usr/share/openhab2/addons

I noticed that when I upgraded openHAB recently (using apt-get upgrade) it installed the latest release version of the Z-Wave binding too. This caused problems as I now had two Z-Wave bindings installed. I removed the newer one using the CLI and all was fine.

As the latest release Z-Wave binding will have the changes made in the snapshot I am using, what is the procedure so that I can get my system back on the normal release path again?

Is it simply a case of stopping the openHAB service, removing the snapshot Z-Wave binding JAR from /usr/share/openhab2/addons, then re-starting the service? However, I removed the newer Z-Wave binding using the CLI to prevent a clash. How do I re-instate that? Will an apt-get upgrade re-enable it?

I can find plenty of information about using/testing a snapshot, but nothing so far about getting the system back on the release path again once everything is stable.

Thanks!

Did you install manually or using @5iver’s install script?
Remember moving releases is only supported when moving to a newer release. If your snapshot is newer than the current stable, stay with the snapshot until the next stable binding release.

@Bruce_Osborne
I used @5iver 's install script.
That was a month or two ago. The stable binding release now has all the changes and I’d like to get back on the stable path. That was where I was unsure how to proceed.

Stop openHAB, delete the files from the addons folder, start openHAB, install the binding.

@Bruce_Osborne
OK thanks, when you say ‘install the binding’ - how do you mean?

Either use the script or follow the instructions in the README

Zigbee and Z-Wave manual install script - Tutorials & Examples - openHAB Community

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.