Z-Wave binding with text file .things

Dear all,

I’ve just switched to a new installation with text files on my RPi3.

The Z-Wave-Binding for oH2.4 works fine so far but I’m wondering how to resolve this log entry:

[INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Validation issues found in configuration model 'zwave.things', using it anyway:
Provide a thing type ID and a thing ID in this format:
 <thingTypeId> <thingId>

Do you use .thing files for your zwave things? I’ve been told it’s not really possible with the latest stuff, best to allow paper / habmin to create them. I still use .items files for the zwave channels which makes it easy to update if you ever bump a node.

It is possible but has a big disadvantage: you can’t change any device parameters through the GUI anymore. You have to include those into your manual text file.

No - this doesn’t work either. You can’t change the device parameters - at all. You would need to use other software to do this :frowning: .

Maybe a misunderstanding, sorry: I was talking about configuration parameters:

Thing zwave:fibaro_fgrm222_24_024:controller:node11 "Z-Wave Node 11: FGRM222 Roller Shutter" (zwave:serial_zstick:controller) [ node_id=11 ] {
	Channels:
   Type blinds_control : blinds_control [ config_invert_percent="true" ]
	}

Yes - you can set thing parameters (ie configuration of openHAB as per your example), but you can’t change device parameters (ie configuration of the Z-Wave device).

1 Like

Here’s the code of my zwave.things file:

Bridge zwave:serial_zstick:controller "Z-Wave Controller" @ "Z-Wave" [ port="/dev/ttyACM0", controller_softreset="false", controller_master="true", heal_enable="true", heal_time=2, security_networkkey="XXXXXXXXXXX" ]
{   
    Thing zwave:everspring_an157_00_000:controller:node2    "Z-Wave: E27-Lampensockel1 Everspring - Node2"      (zwave:serial_zstick:controller) @ "Z-Wave" [ node_id=2 ]    // E27-Lampensockel1 Everspring (AN157 Switch Plugin)
    // etc. ...
 }

Thanks for the hint - good to know!