Z-Wave Controller & HABMin

Hello Everybody,

I have a problem with finding and configure my Z-Wave network.

I have the following Hardware: Raspberry Pi 1+, UZB (Z-Wave controller), Popp Z-Wave smoke detector

I wanted to configure it like here:

http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/openhab/habmin

But HabMin is not able to find the controller. So I did a work around and included the stick with PaperUI.
Then HabMin was also able to see it.
The next step for me was to include the Z-Wave smoke detector.
I did it like in the above link but nothing happend, also the blue light of the stick is not flashing (which indicates that it is in include mode).

I thought maybe the hardware is broken. So I installed the stick at Windows. Here it was no problem to in find the the stick and include my smoke sensor. I used the zsend software which is free.

Here is the log:

2016-10-22 19:47:09.519 [ERROR] [ve.internal.protocol.ZWaveController] - Neither inclusion nor exclusion was active!
2016-10-22 19:47:09.607 [ERROR] [ing.zwave.handler.ZWaveSerialHandler] - Got I/O exception Eingabe-/Ausgabefehler in writeArray during sending. exiting thread.
2016-10-22 19:47:14.621 [ERROR] [ocol.ZWaveController$ZWaveSendThread] - NODE 255: Timeout while sending message. Requeueing - 2 attempts left!
2016-10-22 19:47:14.693 [ERROR] [ing.zwave.handler.ZWaveSerialHandler] - Got I/O exception Eingabe-/Ausgabefehler in writeArray during sending. exiting thread.
2016-10-22 19:47:19.710 [ERROR] [ocol.ZWaveController$ZWaveSendThread] - NODE 255: Timeout while sending message. Requeueing - 1 attempts left!
2016-10-22 19:47:19.743 [ERROR] [ing.zwave.handler.ZWaveSerialHandler] - Got I/O exception Eingabe-/Ausgabefehler in writeArray during sending. exiting thread.
2016-10-22 19:47:24.752 [ERROR] [ocol.ZWaveController$ZWaveSendThread] - NODE 255: Timeout while sending message. Requeueing - 0 attempts left!
2016-10-22 19:47:24.829 [ERROR] [ing.zwave.handler.ZWaveSerialHandler] - Got I/O exception Eingabe-/Ausgabefehler in writeArray during sending. exiting thread.
2016-10-22 19:47:29.847 [WARN ] [ocol.ZWaveController$ZWaveSendThread] - NODE 255: Too many retries. Discarding message: Message: class=AddNodeToNetwork[0x4A], type=Request[0x00], priority=High, dest=255, callback=0, payload=81 01

Thanks in advance for your help.

Nice greetings
Gerhard

1 Like

The controller is not automatically found - in HABmin or PaperUI, it needs to be manually added.

I don’t know what the errors mean - I’ve not even seen some of these before. An IO exception might indicate something wrong at low level - it would be useful to see a debug log though, although I’m not sure it will help work out the IO exceptions.

What hardware do you use?

Actually I use a Raspberry Pi 1+, UZB (for Z-Wave) and Popp smoke alarm (Z-Wave).

I ordered a Rasp3. With the Rasp1 everything is very slow.
After I received it I will setup the system new. Then I give you response about the status
maybe I found out something new.
This will maybe take up to next weekend.

But if anybody knows something please let me know.

Thanks so far.

Hi.
Everything is working now!

The problem was that the user ‘openhab’ did not had access to the usb/serial port.
I had to add it to the ‘dialout’ group. And I also gave him root rights.

Thanks for your support!