Z-Wave controller offline - AEOTEC Z-Stick Gen

Hi!

I am new to OH2 and started a few days ago. OH2 is up and running and some bindings are working. But I have problems with the Z-Wave binding. I switched from Razberry controller to AEOTEC Z-Stick Gen5 controller and could not bind the port to OH2. Razberry was working on ttyAMA0, but not stable; reason for switching to AEOTEC. AEOTEC seems to work on ttyS0 (only USB device connected).

Controller is shown as offline in HABmin and log message is:

17:08:03.193 [INFO ] [ve.internal.protocol.ZWaveController] - Starting ZWave controller
17:08:03.194 [INFO ] [ve.internal.protocol.ZWaveController] - ZWave timeout is set to 5000ms. Soft reset is false.
17:08:11.241 [ERROR] [ocol.ZWaveController$ZWaveSendThread] - NODE 255: Timeout while sending message. Requeueing - 2 attempts left!”

Maybe there is still some configuration of Razberry left resulting in a conflict. But I do not see any service/daemon running from Razberry.

Does anybody use an Rasperry Pi 3 with the same z-wave controller and knows if ttyS0 or ttyAMA0 is correct?

Additionally:

• Added “-Dgnu.io.rxtx.SerialPorts=/dev/ttyS0” to /etc/default/openhab2; if this is missing the log message says ttyS0 is not existing
  • user openhab is added to group, dialout; seems correct when looking at /etc/group

Any ideas?

thx
andré

found the solution: https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/6000092802-z-stick-gen5-quick-start-guide

correct port is /dev/ttyACM0

1 Like